Page 157 of 194 FirstFirst ... 137147152153154155156157158159160161162167177 ... LastLast
Results 1,561 to 1,570 of 1940

Thread: The Random Transformers Thoughts Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    The RID cartoon had heaps of unique Transformers designs
    Agreed. The 'beast' styled Decepticons had tops designs especially! Shame only a handful got the 'deluxe' class treatment.

I'm an advocate for calling these newer figures something other than CHUG - because for me CHUG is original characters in updated modern forms as you've stated. The new figures just aren't that.
    That's a good point. We are kind of seeing a bit of G1 Redone. G1Red1?

Agreed on the RID animal toys, I got Bisque and Scorponok and was pleasantly surprised by them, really wanted to get my hands on the Hedgehog guy (never saw) and the Skunk guy (no toy release). They were inventive and clever ideas.

However I do actually love this new cartoon accuracy in the neo-Classics though, I'm finding it appealing to me more than CHUG, and more appealing (and affordable than MP). If they role the whole 84/85 cast in this new scale and accuracy I will buy it all, I'm focusing some of my collection purchases to this aim now (even if means spending ridiculous third party prices for Ramjet and Bluestreak).
    This is pretty much how I feel. I'm collecting the Earthrise versions of the 84/85 Autobot cars now, and hopefully the Studio Series 86 version of Jazz will match them well. I didn't collect Siege at first, but because I ended up liking the Earthrise car moulds so much I've since hunted down Siege Sideswipe, Hound, Red Alert and Mirage in the past two months - moulds that I suspect won't be receiving an Earth mode treatment in either Earthrise or Kingdom.

The recent SS86 leaks make me concerned about the slippery slope of regular releases and prices. Earthrise Cliffjumper is a deluxe. SS Hot Rod is a voyager. Siege Shockwave is a Leader. Wouldn't pick that from seeing them on the shelf.
    HOT ROD'S A VOYAGER?!?!?!?!

I'm an advocate for calling these newer figures something other than CHUG - because for me CHUG is original characters in updated modern forms as you've stated. The new figures just aren't that.

However I do actually love this new cartoon accuracy in the neo-Classics though, I'm finding it appealing to me more than CHUG, and more appealing (and affordable than MP). If they role the whole 84/85 cast in this new scale and accuracy I will buy it all, I'm focusing some of my collection purchases to this aim now (even if means spending ridiculous third party prices for Ramjet and Bluestreak).

But it'd be great if at the same time as this there was a line that was devoid of G1 trappings. I loved some of the RID Warrior class toys (Scorponok, Fracture, Thermidor, Thunderhoof) that were unique and fun (even if some of their names weren't). The RID cartoon had heaps of unique Transformers designs I would have loved to see in a Generations line. Cyberverse is giving us a couple too but those are few and far between. Look at those deluxes - 7 overdone legacy characters to get one new character.
    CHUG was good for that coz even if it had a stack of G1 it had some other series sprinkled through it. Little bit of BW here, some Armada there. I'd love to see some CHUG for other series.

Quote Originally Posted by Tetsuwan Convoy View Post
    That's a good point. We are kind of seeing a bit of G1 Redone. G1Red1?
    G1HD?

My gripe is pretty petty in comparison.
    We've got the same issue as when we had the Generations and Hunt For The Deceptions going at the same time. HftD had Jazz and Lugnut that were clearly supposed to be Generations but were in with Movie figures.
    Now SS86 and Kingdom and mixing things up again. Like shouldn't Cyclonus be in the SS86 line? You know, next to Scourge, Kup, and Hot Rod?
    |Buy ALL my things!|Collection Thread|Current Collection Count: ~661|
    |Wants|Galaxy Force Blue Rumble|

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Phoenix View Post
    We've got the same issue as when we had the Generations and Hunt For The Deceptions going at the same time. HftD had Jazz and Lugnut that were clearly supposed to be Generations but were in with Movie figures.
    Now SS86 and Kingdom and mixing things up again. Like shouldn't Cyclonus be in the SS86 line? You know, next to Scourge, Kup, and Hot Rod?
    Last time Hasbro reps eventually said that the reason for that was because they wanted to get more figures out faster that one line could handle reasonably, so they just spread them.

I'd imagine it's the same here.

Quote Originally Posted by Bidoofdude View Post
    To be fair, a lot of those older modern update figures did have a bunch of kibble/visible car bits, besides basic ones such as Jazz. There is definitely a focus in the recent stuff to have two streamlined modes for the most part, and faux parts/cheating is a symptom of that (and not necessarily one I dislike).
    I actually don't mind a bit of kibble. It makes me feel as if I am playing with a figure that transforms between a vehicle and a robot, and not a robot that hides under a vehicle shaped blanket that does its best to compress into a backpack.
    I'm really just here for the free food and open bar.

HOT ROD'S A VOYAGER?!?!?!?!
    Apparently “ Hot Rod is said to come with a lot of accessories, hence the higher price point. “

The computers have him at that price point but no official news.

G1HD?
    I like!

I was just thinking about the Transformers / Marvel Crossover line. Seems like it would be a massive hit if a line like that was released today thanks to the MCU.
    I have a list of all G1 characters that have been released in CHUG form. You can find it here. Please feel free to let me know if I got anything wrong so I can fix it.

Quote Originally Posted by DELTAprime View Post
    I was just thinking about the Transformers / Marvel Crossover line. Seems like it would be a massive hit if a line like that was released today thanks to the MCU.
    I'd be much happier with that being revived (and the Star Wars one too) if it was done in the same way as the current crossover line (Back to the Future etc), where the designs are done by actual Hasbro designers.
    I'm really just here for the free food and open bar.

So... Gigawatt...

Who here pronounces it with with a soft "g" (JIG-gawatt) and who pronounces it with a hard "g" (GIG-gawatt)?
    Obviously the word "gigawatt" (GW) as a unit of measurement is pronounced with a hard "g," as it is in words like gigabyte, gigalitre and gigametre etc., but in Back to the Future Doc Brown and Marty McFly mispronounce it as "jigga-watt."
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I5cYgRnfFDA

N.B.: I don't particularly care either way and I'm personally not even getting the Gigawatt TF (not really my thing) - but just curious to see what the consensus is. I personally say it with a hard "g" (gig rather than jig). <shrugs>

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    So... Gigawatt...

Who here pronounces it with with a soft "g" (JIG-gawatt) and who pronounces it with a hard "g" (GIG-gawatt)?
    Obviously the word "gigawatt" (GW) as a unit of measurement is pronounced with a hard "g," as it is in words like gigabyte, gigalitre and gigametre etc., but in Back to the Future Doc Brown and Marty McFly mispronounce it as "jigga-watt."
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I5cYgRnfFDA

N.B.: I don't particularly care either way and I'm personally not even getting the Gigawatt TF (not really my thing) - but just curious to see what the consensus is. I personally say it with a hard "g" (gig rather than jig). <shrugs>
    I go with how it's pronounced in the movies, so Jiggawatt for me. But tbh I'll probably switch back and forth and wouldn't even notice if others did the same or not.
    Looking to buy lucky draw Armada Prime and Diaclone Marlboor Wheeljack.