Page 162 of 194 FirstFirst ... 142152157158159160161162163164165166167172182 ... LastLast
Results 1,611 to 1,620 of 1940

Thread: The Random Transformers Thoughts Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Tha_Phantom View Post
    Just had a discussion with another collector about classifying the Buzzworthy toys.
    From what I've read on TF wiki and studying the packaging they should be viewed as a subline, not their own line.

For instance, the Buzzworthy Bumblebee (the core class toy that is clearly Bumblejumper) should be viewed as WFC Trilogy > Buzzworthy > Bumblebee
    The WWII Bumblebee should be viewed as Studio Series > Buzzworthy > 26BB WWII Bumblebee

Just as SS86, Siege, Earthrise and Kingdom are sublines, so too is Buzzworthy. The only difference is that Buzzworthy is a subline across multiple lines. At least that's how I read it.

I would go further to say that the Buzzworthy Bumblebee line is less a subline and more a packaging refresh / rerelease.

By way of comparison:
    We have the 1990s "Classics" rereleases of G1 toys. Do we consider them distinct from the G1 line, or a variation of the G1 line?
    Is the Transformers Universe repackaging of Energon Steamhammer a distinctly separate release to the Energon release or a case of packing variation?
    Did the Unicron Battles, Powerlinx Battles and Primus Unleashed packaging refresh in Armada, Energon and Cybertron respectively represent a separate subline or a simply packaging refreshment? If it was a subline, what do you do with figures that were in both sets of packaging?

I think these questions can be helpful when trying to distinguish between which version of a toy you have, but trying to create a hard and fast rule for it is difficult.

I would personally say it was a packaging variation of an existing line, but wouldn't object to those who considered it its own thing as long as they weren't trying to push their own interpretation as the "correct" interpretation.

Quote Originally Posted by Seraphim Prime View Post
    Is the Transformers Universe repackaging of Energon Steamhammer a distinctly separate release to the Energon release or a case of packing variation?
    Did the Unicron Battles, Powerlinx Battles and Primus Unleashed packaging refresh in Armada, Energon and Cybertron respectively represent a separate subline or a simply packaging refreshment? If it was a subline, what do you do with figures that were in both sets of packaging?
    I think this handily covers it, inclusive of the fact that there is one (so far?) new mold in the line. The rest are straight repacks (with not even paint difference)
    I'm really just here for the free food and open bar.

Just a random thought, and probably an unpopular one but hear me out.

People love to throw comments around about the Beast Wars cartoon that are fairly big spoilers if you've never seen the show.

I would assume most people will have picked up the spoilery content anyway through exposure to the fandom.

But...

With Kingdom toyline coming out, there'll be fans who've never watched the show seeking it out and watching it for the very first time.

It's a 25 years old and hasn't had a lot of replay in the last 15-20 years so many younger fans will have missed it.

They don't know some of the things we take for granted because we watched the episodes two decades ago.

Anyway, I think we should be considerate of this for a while and not go around posting casual spoilers in reviews, photocomics or other such things.

This is a long way of me explaining why I put spoiler tags in replying to a question in another thread.

I think it's not a terrible idea Paulbot. It's something I'd not thought about till now. But when was the last time the beast wars DVDs were available for purchase and has it ever been on a streaming service? I'm guessing not, and it's.not.skmething that you'd find to pirate and watch anyway.
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

My very quick and not extensive Google search comes up with 2011!? which is a long time ago.

Quote Originally Posted by nalops View Post
    My very quick and not extensive Google search comes up with 2011!? which is a long time ago.
    It is watchable online through questionable means.

Not trying to suggest it’s a rule or anything, just something for individuals to consider

I feel like the statute or limitations for spoilers for something that is within the cultural zeitgeist is less than 5 years.

Vader, Rosebud, Soylent Green, Bruce Willis in The Sixth Sense, etc.

That doesn't mean you deliberately go out of your way to spoil things for people, or reveal something if you know they are watching the show/film, however you

I have a housemate who didn't want me talking about Lost just in case he decided to watch it.

On the flip side I had a girlfriend who searched for spoilers in Battlestar Galactica when she was watching in order to know what was coming up.

I just saw the Core Class in person for the first time. They really don't look like they are worth $20. Then again, Micromasters didn't really justify the $20 price either.
    I have a list of all G1 characters that have been released in CHUG form. You can find it here. Please feel free to let me know if I got anything wrong so I can fix it.

For the first time in years, I have no Transformers left on preorder and none on my radar to buy as s I?m only collecting TakaraTomy Masterpieces and the Bayformers Masterpieces.

I have zero recollection of Skids so am unlikely to get him. I also have no desire to collect Seekers 2.0. So it looks like my Transformers collecting is on hiatus. Prolly a good thing as I?m now looking at a couple of Hot Toys on the horizon.

So has anyone had an online retailer accidentally send you an order twice and what did you do about it?

It wasn't Amazon otherwise I'd be fine