Page 183 of 196 FirstFirst ... 163173178179180181182183184185186187188193 ... LastLast
Results 1,821 to 1,830 of 1960

Thread: The Random Transformers Thoughts Thread

Didn't know he was still updating that. It's a great resource. I still have my copy of most of those books

His copy has some different markings on the cover, and content on the back cover (mine is blank) and different ISBN number. The publishing details (on an American copy?) still say the same, local production with American spellings.

Looking through mine I added some more dialogue to the book.

JJJ is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Oh, I'd forgotten those books. I had a few. Make that have - I believe I can still put my hands on them...

And looking at them, they shaped my internal images of some characters quite importantly. For example, Earl Norem's rendition of Galvatron in Car Show Blow Up is how I see him, in my head, even more so than the Geoff Senior/Gina Hart version that I love so much. Seems both were working from the same guide - I wonder who their art direction came from? Because that somewhat specific "look" for Galvatron was never seen in the cartoon, and wasn't used in the US comics (well, not until the US comics were taken over by the UK crew, and even then with variation ), only in these books and the UK comics early on.

I just purchased my first Nerf gun, a Fortnite SCAR Assult Rifle. (yes it is based on the extremely popular in video games SCAR-H which is also used by the real-life US Special Forces).

It got me thinking about the fact Hasbro owns both Transformers and Nerf, yet they haven't done much in the way of Nerf and Transformers crossovers. I'm sure there would be good money in it for both brands to make a G1 Optimus Prime Ion Blaster or Megatron Fusion Cannon. They could very easily use the Nerf grenades from the Fortnite Grenade launcher as bullets in human-scaled Nerf versions of G1 transformers guns.
    I have a list of all G1 characters that have been released in CHUG form. You can find it here. Please feel free to let me know if I got anything wrong so I can fix it.

Given that some Fortnite Nerf guns look similar to their real world models, I will kindly ask Nerf Santa to modify the SP-L blaster into a transforming and shooting G1 Megatron Walther P38-esque weapon .

Voting for the 2022 end of year fan awards will start at the end of this week, I'll probably make the links live on New Years Eve.

Found Kingdom Waspinator a pain to transform. Legacy Inferno is much nicer. Made me think a voyager Waspinator might solve the problem, but then gave Inferno a second look and it wouldn’t be impossibly to repaint Inferno into Waspinator, give him a new head and wings, and keep the rocket part closed….

After months of shelfwarming wave 1 Legacy Deluxes, Myer are now getting wave 2, 3 and 4 (Evolution wave 1) all at once. Whoever can take a picture of all 5 Stunticons sitting on the same Myer shelf wins the coolness award!

Quote Originally Posted by Skyfire View Post
    After months of shelfwarming wave 1 Legacy Deluxes, Myer are now getting wave 2, 3 and 4 (Evolution wave 1) all at once. Whoever can take a picture of all 5 Stunticons sitting on the same Myer shelf wins the coolness award!
    It would be 1990 again!

Quote Originally Posted by transgaffa View Post
    JB Hifi City
    1x Core Sludge
    3x Scrapbook
    4x Hot Shot
    4x Leo Prime
    1x Tarn
    4x Magnificus
    Quote Originally Posted by TilAllAreOne View Post
    Carindale JB HI FI - they have legacy evolution. They have Sludge, scrapbook, hot shot, Leo prime, and Tarn.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dimi194 View Post
    Looked today - no Breakdowns left (although I spied one reserved behind the counter)
    About 10 Scrapbooks, 1-2 Needlenose and at least 20 Hot Shots.
    Nothing at Myer Miranda as of Sunday.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seraphim Prime View Post
    Picked up Hot Shot and Scrapface from Myer Macquarie - Needlenose and Breakdown had already gone
    Poor Scrappy-Doo! Err, Scraphook. Looks like autocorrect is confusing him with the famous Junkion archivist.

I just discovered that POTP Blot has hinges(in/out) and swivelsFront/back) in his monster hip joints. Before I just thought he had swivels for fwd/back. My love for Blot has just increased 10-fold!