Page 191 of 195 FirstFirst ... 171181186187188189190191192193194 ... LastLast
Results 1,901 to 1,910 of 1948

Thread: The Random Transformers Thoughts Thread

I know that it doesn't really count as "G1", but I notice that the Missing Link Convoy has articulated fingers. Which means that after 40 years Prime can finally hold that gun normally instead of from the middle post.
    Looking to buy lucky draw Armada Prime and Diaclone Marlboor Wheeljack.

JJJ is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Well, that and they fixed the gun as well...

I cannot wait to get Missing Link Convoy! <3
    I feel like this is the next big thing in Neo-G1 after MP and CHUG, as it scratches an entirely different itch for me. The thought of more G1-accurate toys with 21st Century engineering has me excited. Just imagine... fully articulated Ironhide and Ratchet with flat faces behind windscreens riding atop their battle platforms. Yes please!

If you ever wanted to watch the original Japanese dub of Transformers, the first three episodes are on YouTube via the Takara Tomy Official Hobby Channel

Transformers 40th anniversary "Missing Link" announcement commemoration!
    Anime "Fight! Super Robot Life Form Transformers" will be released for a limited time until September 7th!
    Check out Cybertron Commander Convoy in action!
    Episode 1 "Road to the Earth" (More Than Meets The Eye Part 1)
    Episode 2 "Ruby Crystal's Secret" (More Than Meets The Eye Part 2)
    Episode 3 "Escape from Earth!" (More Than Meets The Eye Part 3)

I was wondering to myself if they might produce a Transformers: The Movie retro G1 Optimus Prime. We know the mould is still around (G1 cab-only reissue from a few years ago). Then I thought about how the Missing Link C-02 anime Convoy might just end up filling this spot. He'd have to be posed rigidly like the other TFTM G1s when standing next to them, but break out into his action pose when being the featured bot.

Quote Originally Posted by Skyfire View Post
    I was wondering to myself if they might produce a Transformers: The Movie retro G1 Optimus Prime. We know the mould is still around (G1 cab-only reissue from a few years ago). Then I thought about how the Missing Link C-02 anime Convoy might just end up filling this spot. He'd have to be posed rigidly like the other TFTM G1s when standing next to them, but break out into his action pose when being the featured bot.
    I wondered the same when the Missing Link figure image first appeared. I wouldn't be totally surprised if Hasbro combined C-02 Anime Convoy and C-01 Convoy's trailer to make a TFM Retro G1 Prime release.

KELPIE is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Still hoping for an English packaged missing link.

JJJ is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by KELPIE View Post
    Still hoping for an English packaged missing link.
    Is not happening, as I understand it. Hasbro is selling Convoy via Pulse, but all they're doing is moving the Takara product unchanged - the wording from the Pulse site:

"The figure is showcased in premium deco and detail and comes in its original packaging with Japanese-language instructions."

Makes me think that this is definitely a Takara-only project, and that quite likely Hasbro will only be offering Convoy this way (because Optimus Prime sells), regardless of what the rest of the line is like. Not really surprising, given that ML could never fit the US retail structure in which Hasbro lives.

I miss the days when Hasbro would have imported Japanese toys with instructions and bios translated to English.

...mostly because I scored free toys as a result. But hey, it also benefited non-Japanese speaking collectors.

P.S.: I was on playground duty today and I saw a group of high school students playing with Transformers toys! Specifically they were: ROTB Deluxe Wheeljack, ROTB mainline Deluxe Bumblebee, Buzzworthy Bonecrusher and Buzzworthy Ratchet! It was so awesome seeing these kids playing with Transformers action figures in the playground, and also with other kids around them not minding. A far cry from when I was bullied in high school when other kids saw me playing with Transformers toys. I had one kid swipe my Skalor and deliberately scratched the paint off his nose (my G1 Skalor toy still bears this scar today). Or another time when a kid took my G1 Slog's tech specs card and ripped it into pieces.
    Last edited by GoktimusPrime; 25th August 2023 at 09:15 PM.

KELPIE is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by JJJ View Post
    Is not happening, as I understand it. Hasbro is selling Convoy via Pulse, but all they're doing is moving the Takara product unchanged - the wording from the Pulse site:

"The figure is showcased in premium deco and detail and comes in its original packaging with Japanese-language instructions."

Makes me think that this is definitely a Takara-only project, and that quite likely Hasbro will only be offering Convoy this way (because Optimus Prime sells), regardless of what the rest of the line is like. Not really surprising, given that ML could never fit the US retail structure in which Hasbro lives.
    Well that's pretty sad/annoying.

I noticed that JB has it up for Pre-Order, listed as a Hasbro product... I was hoping, but given the timeline likely not.

Watch all us buy this then in a couple years they release it in G1 retro packaging exclusive to wallmart or something.