Page 3 of 194 FirstFirst 123456781323 ... LastLast

Thread: The Random Transformers Thoughts Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Bidoofdude View Post
    On a similar note, I would love to (while also working on my current on-hold for a while stop motion series) recreate a deleted scene from TFTM (1986) with Titan Devy. I still need to get Ultra Magnus, Takara Devy and the three countach boys before I can though.

Link to the scene (storyboards)
    I actually have all those guys in "Classics-verse" style... I should really try to recreate as many of the scenes as possible...

7 years ago I started recreating TFTM with my G1 toys. I've sometimes thought about resuming work on it, but the idea of completing it would be dauntingly time consuming. It may be easier if it became a collaborative effort and we collectively completed it. Hhmmm...

Part 1
    Part 2
    Part 3
    Part 4

Stumbled across this video showing the New York Toy Fair at F.A.O. Schwarz in 1984. Aah, the year (or close to it) that many of us began our Transformers journey, and here we are 31 years later and as passionate as ever!

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    7 years ago I started recreating TFTM with my G1 toys. I've sometimes thought about resuming work on it, but the idea of completing it would be dauntingly time consuming. It may be easier if it became a collaborative effort and we collectively completed it. Hhmmm...

Part 1
    Part 2
    Part 3
    Part 4
    That would be cool, except it might be easier with Classice-verse, with more articulation etc...
    Also I only have G1 Seaspray and Constructicons
    "Save the rebellion! Save the dream!" - Saw Gerrera

Quote Originally Posted by UltimateGalvatron View Post
    That would be cool, except it might be easier with Classice-verse, with more articulation etc...
    Also I only have G1 Seaspray and Constructicons
    I prefer G1 because it reminds me of how I used to reenact TFTM w/ my G1 toys as a child. These photocomics are basically how my toy play looked like in my imagination. But look, I haven't touched this project in 7 years, so if people want to continue it with Classicsverse or MPs, then go for it. It might be a good idea for people to call dibs on certain scenes so that others don't end up wasting time doubling up on the same scenes, unless you're super keen to do that scene anyway, that's fine. But for the sake of attempting to complete the story, it might be more expedient for different people to work on different scenes. Also, it doesn't have to be in order either.

I think we should start a new thread for this now! Gok it is probably your right as you started this project.
    "Save the rebellion! Save the dream!" - Saw Gerrera

Not a bad idea, UG.

--------------------------------

lol, two guys cosplayed as Michael Bay and Shia LaBeouf at Auto Assembly.
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CNCzOvwWEAAiOVc.png

hah! awesome

Ever wondered what English would look like if you removed loanwords from foreign languages?

Here's the first paragraph from the Wikipedia page on Transformers as it currently is in regular Modern English:

Transformers is a media franchise produced by American toy company Hasbro and Japanese toy company Takara Tomy. Initially a line of transforming toys rebranded from Takara's Diaclone and Microman toylines, the franchise began in 1984 with the Transformers toy line, and centers on factions of transforming alien robots (often the Autobots and the Decepticons) in an endless struggle for dominance or eventual peace. In its decades-long history, the franchise has expanded to encompass comic books, animation, video games and films.

Now here's my attempt at translating it into 'pure' English, replacing words of non-English origin with words of English origin. So no Latin, no Greek, no French, no Japanese etc., just Anglo-English words.

Shapeshifters is a workgang rights made by Banded Folksdoms plaything club Goodfield-Brothers and Dawnlandish plaything club Riches Wealth. Firstly a set of shapeshifting playthings branded again from Riches Wealth’s Through-twig and Smallman plaything set, the rights was beginning in 1984 with the Shapeshifters plaything set, and looks at gangs of shapeshifting offworld steelmen (most oft the Self-steelmen and Outwit-steelmen) in an endless struggle for overlordship or as and when kinship. In its ten years long lore, the rights has unfolded to beset talestrips, livedrawing, stream games and films.
    Last edited by GoktimusPrime; 5th September 2015 at 08:12 PM.

lol, that is pretty interesting Gok.

I think that maybe the names Shouuldn't be changed though (although specifically looking at Hasbro and Taktom. Because a name is a name.

I remember being in an Italian class in primary school, and my Pal Karl got told his name was Carlo. But even though Italian does have an equivalent to Karl, his name was never Carlo, as it was Karl. That's all. The rest I think is clever. I do see what you've done with Taktom and Japan.

What's the make up of hasbro? Bro(brother?) -> folksdom?