Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: The Random Transformers Thoughts Thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    A website run by a Transformers fan has been archiving scans of the vintage 1980s Transformers story books and colouring books, and he has just added another one with scans and info of the colouring book called "The Invasion of the Decepticon Camp" set after the 1986 movie.
    From there you can check out a lot of other 1980s Transformers books.
    Despite knowing how it happened, it's really strange seeing all the different interpretations of an animation model used in these books. Some look like the artist were given toys and no other material. Others look like they had actual character models to reference. It's almost like the Transformers equivalent of seeing the Mcquarrie Luke Starkiller, Darth Vader and C3PO.
    I have a list of all G1 characters that have been released in CHUG form. You can find it here. Please feel free to let me know if I got anything wrong so I can fix it.

Didn't know he was still updating that. It's a great resource. I still have my copy of most of those books

His copy has some different markings on the cover, and content on the back cover (mine is blank) and different ISBN number. The publishing details (on an American copy?) still say the same, local production with American spellings.

Looking through mine I added some more dialogue to the book.