Thread: The Random Transformers Thoughts Thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

The general consensus among fans is that the Autobot insignia was based on G1 Prowl/Bluestreak's head, and the Decepticon logo was based on Soundwave's. Anyway, here's a quick comparison pic...

As far as canon is concerned, the Autobot insignia is based on the image of Primus, while the Decepticon logo is based on Megatronus, a.k.a. The Fallen.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    The general consensus among fans is that the Autobot insignia was based on G1 Prowl/Bluestreak's head, and the Decepticon logo was based on Soundwave's. Anyway, here's a quick comparison pic...

As far as canon is concerned, the Autobot insignia is based on the image of Primus, while the Decepticon logo is based on Megatronus, a.k.a. The Fallen.
    I knew about the insignia being the image of Primus, but was thinking along the lines of who (in the fictional Transformers world, not humanity or real world) designed the logo... and I can't help thinking from a fictional point of view Ironhide had some hand in it because those initials are pretty damn prominent.
    I'm sure someone could come up with some pretty witty storylines for how it that I and H just happened to be there.

I just had a thought where that scene in AoE when Crosshairs says some stuff at brainwashing, but instead of saying Optimus, Drift is like "no, that is Goktimus Prime" my mind is crazy weird
    "Save the rebellion! Save the dream!" - Saw Gerrera

Quote Originally Posted by Bladestorm View Post
    I knew about the insignia being the image of Primus, but was thinking along the lines of who (in the fictional Transformers world, not humanity or real world) designed the logo... and I can't help thinking from a fictional point of view Ironhide had some hand in it because those initials are pretty damn prominent.
    I'm sure someone could come up with some pretty witty storylines for how it that I and H just happened to be there.
    Interesting theory, but that would presume that Ironhide had a great command of English millions of years ago back before humans developed it. Or perhaps like the Rigellian language, Cybertronian is coincidentally identical to English.

Also Ironhide only has one name (like Prince) so his initial is just I. So according to this theory maybe Hoist or Hound also collaborated with Ironhide.

Or maybe they are just Cybertronian symbols that just look like English letters. H is probably the Cybertronian symbol for Superman.