Page 151 of 195 FirstFirst ... 131141146147148149150151152153154155156161171 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,510 of 1943

Thread: The Random Transformers Thoughts Thread

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    I would've nabbed Trilogy Mirage in a heartbeat if he'd been painted in Diaclone red.
    Me too. Give Hasbro!
    Looking to buy lucky draw Armada Prime and Diaclone Marlboor Wheeljack.

From the Earthrise Starscream review thread:
    Quote Originally Posted by shockNwave View Post
    MPs are made for display that's why they're aimed at the teen to adult markets. They're too expensive and detailed to be given the rough and tumble of regular toys.
    Playing doesn't mean having to be rough with your toys. I've never ever been rough with my Transformers, which is why most of my childhood G1 toys have remained in tact even to this day - and those that are broken have often been done so by other kids playing with my toys who were less careful. And in some cases, just age (e.g. GPS, Shockwave's rubber hose etc.).

I play with my MPs today the same way that I played with my G1s in the 80s. I've really understood the point of smashing toys. Why would you* do that?

(*not you specifically, just... ya know, whoever those rough and tumble kids are)

From the Trilogy WFC toys and cartoon thread
    Quote Originally Posted by nalops View Post
    I vote we call it 'Transformers: War for Cybertron Trilogy: War for Cybertron Trilogy'.
    Each of these toys is a Transformers War For Cybertron Megatron.

And this is why sometimes being technically correct is not the best kind of correct.
    Looking to buy lucky draw Armada Prime and Diaclone Marlboor Wheeljack.

Why couldn't we have got the Siege head paint apps on the Earthrise release?
    Deep sigh. Deep deep sigh. Sigh... Done now.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinnertwin View Post
    Why couldn't we have got the Siege head paint apps on the Earthrise release?
    Deep sigh. Deep deep sigh. Sigh... Done now.
    We still might! The Siege toy got three versions and there's an Earthrise season of Netflix to come (I think...)

I hope so. I would like a new CHUGRTSBLARGH Megatron, but all 3 so far have missed the mark in some way with their paint apps.

I'm personally just over Megatron being a tank all the time. *yawn*
    Give him some alt mode diversity please. Make him a "submarine" or a jet fighter.

And yeah, Optimus Prime could also stand for some alt mode diversity too. I thought it was a missed opportunity that they didn't give Siege OP his G1 Cybertronian mode (an armoured combat vehicle). Then the mould could've been repainted as Fusion, thus finally bringing that G1 character out of Obscurity! Even a straight up repaint without any mould variation could still work since we never saw Fusion's robot mode in G1.

And the rest: OP, Starscream, Grimlock, BB, you'd think that Hasbro are hell bent on rehashing the 84/85 characters until the end of days. Who wants another red and blue truck Prime? I know I do!

I was thinking though, most of the kids that grew up with G1 are in their 40's now? Another 10 years and it should be 20 + years of Optimus Primal toys... that should take us to 2050 where they'll then present 20 years of Unicron Trilogy toys on us.

Generations T30 Dreadwing could've been easily redecoed as a CHUG BB. Another wasted opportunity.

P.S.: although from a marketing/sales POV it might've been too similar to the stealth jet Megatron toy from the same mould (albeit different head). Still, perhaps time has passed since then that they could just release a repaint of the T30 Dreadwing toy as BB. Roger!