Page 145 of 194 FirstFirst ... 125135140141142143144145146147148149150155165 ... LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,450 of 1940

Thread: The Random Transformers Thoughts Thread

I finally got my Siege Apeface today. Feels like yet another triple changer that is compromised by having three modes, though not as horribly as that Voyager Broadside from a couple of years ago.

Starting on the Ozformer Awards form on Boxing Day.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    Starting on the Ozformer Awards form on Boxing Day.
    Excellent. I was going to ask you tonight if you were still doing it as I have time in the next two days to do it if you weren't.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    Excellent. I was going to ask you tonight if you were still doing it as I have time in the next two days to do it if you weren't.
    It will be a different format this year and it's a little shorter. They put the price up too much to use Surveymonkey again but the new form should work well.

However people will have to manually enter their favourite BotBot... there's just too many of them!

My boys and I were playing with Titan-class Devastator and they decided (against my suggestions to the contrary) that Scrapper was not the most appropriate leader of the Constructicons and that since Hook forms the head of Devi, he has now assumed that mantle.

I’m just letting you all know so you can adjust your head canon appropriately.

M-Bot's Customs logo by M-bot2011

To follow M's Toy Customs of Facebook, visit: https://www.facebook.com/MsToyCustoms
    While you're there, click the "LIKE" button!

That actually makes more sense.
    Plus, I've always liked Hook, much more than that lowly steam shovel of a right leg.

That has always been a point of contention in the fandom, even way back to the early days of the online fandom in the mid 90s... because every other combiner leader was the core/head of the combined mode, but Scrapper had a slightly higher ranking on its original biocard, so the original cartoon and comic would have been required to follow that from the "Transformers Bible". (not that the cartoon focussed much on the team as a separate group with a leader, as they seemed to often appear as a group of minions under the command of Megatron)

Even though none of the Constructicon's Functions designate them as team leader, Scrapper is technically the leader for one simple reason. He outranks the other Constructicons. Scrapper has a Rank of 5 whereas all the other Constructicons have a Rank of 4. Hook is more intelligent than Scrapper, with an INT of 9 vs Scrapper's 8, but ultimately Scrapper can quite literally pull rank.

And while the head component is usually the leader of a gestalt team, it's not always the case. At least one other exception would be the Dino Force. Goryu is the leader as his Function is "Captain" (隊長) and his Rank is 7 (and indeed the anime and manga portray him as the team leader), whereas the other Dino Forcers have a Rank of 6, including Kakuryu who forms the head of Dinoking. Interestingly enough, among their Anglophone counterparts (Monster Pretenders) it is Slog who is the highest ranking with a Rank of 7, although Icepick and Wildfly are next in line at 6 with the remaining two being the lowest ranked at 5. Although neither the Marvel nor IDW comics never really showed any of the Monster Pretenders acting as a team commander.

One partial exception is Waver, who shares leadership of the Autobot Multi Force with Wing. Of course, Wing forms the head and chest of Landcross, whereas Wing forms the belly and waist, but they both share the Function of "Leader" (リーダー) and both have the Rank of 7 (whereas the other Multi Forcers have a Rank of 6). Do the Micromaster gestalt teams have leaders? :/ I personally can't tell as each team has a shared Tech Specs Bio for the entire team (typical of Micromaster sets), and "Rank" (地位) has been replaced with "Teamwork" (チームワーク), so... I can't tell. In my head canon it's the robot who forms the bum of the robot (e.g. D-Go, San D-Go etc.) who's the leader as they're the least preoccupied and can kinda sit back and analyse things, give orders etc. Seriously... what else do they need that sixth member for? I guess to me it's like a, "Here, make yourself useful and lead us" kind of role.

Yo, yo, yo, it's the Micromaster Gestalt rap!
    <beatbox>
    "Heads and limbs have come to parse, and now I shall change and form the---" (record scratches)

Curiosity got the better of me so I decided to combine as much of Studio Series Devy as I could. Wow he is going to be massive! Still two bots to go.

Last edited by Tha_Phantom; 10th January 2020 at 01:04 AM.
    Looking to buy lucky draw Armada Prime and Diaclone Marlboor Wheeljack.

I think that's the best Devastator headsculpt I've seen on a Movieverse toy