Page 141 of 194 FirstFirst ... 121131136137138139140141142143144145146151161 ... LastLast
Results 1,401 to 1,410 of 1940

Thread: The Random Transformers Thoughts Thread

Usually the TV descriptions of Transformers cartoon episodes will either have the episode title, or the episode description, or nothing at all.
    It seems that channel 11 had played the RID cartoon enough time to not care, or someone new was typing up the program descriptions and didn't really know anything about Transformers so just guessed...

In other news: water wet.

P.S.: Wait, mechanical universe?!

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    In other news: water wet.

P.S.: Wait, mechanical universe?!
    That was why I said that they must have been new to Transformers and just guessed. It's never been a mechanical universe, and the RID cartoon is mostly set on Earth.

Remember these TF3 DOTM Trading cards that BBTS (and some other places) were/are trying to practically give away they are so worthless?
    Well, I bought one of the boxes on BBTS (US$10 from US$144... it was a novelty item) as part of a recent order, and I'm so glad that I didn't want to collect these when they were originally released in 2011.
    The fourth movie Trading Cards were the really good ones, with truck parts and clothing parts in some packs... while a different set of Trading cards that might have been for the second movie, had autographed cards in some packs.
    This third movie set had limited cards that were shiny gold or shiny silver... and the artwork on them (and most of the cards) was pretty ordinary.

The two things that really made this set of Trading Cards suck...

1 - every pack of six cards had at least three that were part of the same subgroup of cards. There needed to be more variety within packs to make them more interesting... and it meant that I got a lot of the same three cards to most subgroups, leaving me with only one of the 12-15 subgroups of cards actually completed. (you get 288 cards in a box, for a series of 215 cards... with very few "Rare" shiny cards, that should have been enough to get at least 3/4 of the cards, but I ended up with half being duplicates, and all but one subgroup of cards being incomplete)
    For example, some of the subgroups of cards were 9 cards that form a bigger picture on the reverse of the cards, but with most of them, I had heaps of duplicates of the same 3 cards, and often missing 3 cards, despite the non-shiny cards not being the "rare" cards.

2 - I could tell that these boxes were filled at the factory in a special way to make sure that each box contained the exact quota of "rare" cards that are noted on the box, because the 22 packs at the top of the box each had one rare card in them, and the rest of the box were all packs of regular cards... as if the factory people just filled the box first with the 26 packs of all common cards, and then added to the top, the exact number of packs of each of the special shiny cards that needed to be in each box.
    So if these had actually been anything valuable at the time... or ever... you just had to be the first to a new box of card packs and buy the top 22 packs.

I'll be keeping the incomplete set of cards that I ended up with, but the spares will just be more junk to give away at some point later...

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    Remember these TF3 DOTM Trading cards that BBTS (and some other places) were/are trying to practically give away they are so worthless?
    I'm tempted to just put my unopened packs of DOTM cards in the recycling. I have zero interest and got them purely because RK gave me dozens of them with every order they shipped me.

I saw some photos of Micromaster Hot House and it reminded me that it wasn't until the Micromaster playsets that a toy made for an Autobot was also released as a Decepticon (and vice versa).

It seemed wrong to me at the time, in part because the catalogs used the original toys instead of the repaints (so it looked like Roadhandler was being sold with a Decepticon base for instance).

Of those I only got Greasepit but I never thought of him a Decepticon because I had Mudslinger too and first.

Nowadays this happens all the times but I wonder if they'd kept the divide clear would we have just accepted that? It would have made Shattered Glass something quite radical.

I'm not sure if I'm forgetting some earlier case but the Mini-Spies are the closest thing but they are faction-neutral, and I'm sure there's things over in Japan like the Decepticon Targetmaster weapons being sold with Autobots but meh.

I've been thoroughly satisfied with the released Studio Series Constructicons so far.

I have all four and I absolutely dig the different sizes, silhouettes and colours when they're in display in bot mode.

Combining Hightower and Scrapmetal into a hand/forearm gives an idea of the scale of the thing that excites me.
    I'm really just here for the free food and open bar.

Well, I bought one of the boxes on BBTS (US$10 from US$144... it was a novelty item) as part of a recent order, and I'm so glad that I didn't want to collect these when they were originally released in 2011.
    The fourth movie Trading Cards were the really good ones, with truck parts and clothing parts in some packs... while a different set of Trading cards that might have been for the second movie, had autographed cards in some packs.
    This third movie set had limited cards that were shiny gold or shiny silver... and the artwork on them (and most of the cards) was pretty ordinary.

The two things that really made this set of Trading Cards suck...

1 - every pack of six cards had at least three that were part of the same subgroup of cards. There needed to be more variety within packs to make them more interesting... and it meant that I got a lot of the same three cards to most subgroups, leaving me with only one of the 12-15 subgroups of cards actually completed. (you get 288 cards in a box, for a series of 215 cards... with very few "Rare" shiny cards, that should have been enough to get at least 3/4 of the cards, but I ended up with half being duplicates, and all but one subgroup of cards being incomplete)
    For example, some of the subgroups of cards were 9 cards that form a bigger picture on the reverse of the cards, but with most of them, I had heaps of duplicates of the same 3 cards, and often missing 3 cards, despite the non-shiny cards not being the "rare" cards.

2 - I could tell that these boxes were filled at the factory in a special way to make sure that each box contained the exact quota of "rare" cards that are noted on the box, because the 22 packs at the top of the box each had one rare card in them, and the rest of the box were all packs of regular cards... as if the factory people just filled the box first with the 26 packs of all common cards, and then added to the top, the exact number of packs of each of the special shiny cards that needed to be in each box.
    So if these had actually been anything valuable at the time... or ever... you just had to be the first to a new box of card packs and buy the top 22 packs.

I'll be keeping the incomplete set of cards that I ended up with, but the spares will just be more junk to give away at some point later...
    I did the same and they are shipping in my POL now. From what you've said about the cards though, doesn't sound like I have a lot of fun to look forward to

I'm just hoping the overall POL gets here in the next 10 days. I put the order in for it to be shipped on the 3rd, it wasn't received by the post until the 16th and then went from Detroit to LA and has departed LA just before midnight on the 18th. I want it here so my kids can give me Jetfire for Fathers Day - you think a full month in advance would get it here.

Honestly BBTS are just getting worse and worse, like when I asked for an order to be shipped 5 weeks before Xmas. When I contacted them to find out what was happening with my package the guy told me I should have said for the package to be shipped back in October if I wanted it by Xmas

Quote Originally Posted by SharkyMcShark View Post
    I've been thoroughly satisfied with the released Studio Series Constructicons so far.

I have all four and I absolutely dig the different sizes, silhouettes and colours when they're in display in bot mode.
    How are you find the weird bot modes on Rampage and Hightower when you're playing with them though? Specifically during melee combat. I find Rampage to be limited because he has no real grounded support due to a lack of legs. Jumping up and down is actually really impractical in a hand-to-hand fight (in reality you want to do the opposite and stay low to the ground). A simple tackle would ruin his stance, although he could try to rely on his tread-whips to maintain distance and prevent opponents from drawing in too closely. Hightower on the other hand I find utterly useless in a fight. There's virtually nothing here that remotely works. Sure, he can use that crane arm thing but being back mounted rather than arm mounted makes it harder for him to generate sufficient momentum and it's too easy for his opponent to just dodge/block/parry/grab the crane arm and either avoid it entirely or use it against him. His arms are impractically tiny, much like a Tyrannosaurus Rex, but of course a T-Rex's primary weapon aren't its arms but its massive jaw lined with razor-sharp teeth. But even considering Hightower's arms to be as a secondary weapon like T-Rex, it still feels impractical because the claw-arm isn't articulated in a way that would allow Hightower to draw his opponent towards himself to allow his little hands to rip and shred. And the inability to draw in a captured opponent really makes the crane arm as more of a potential liability than an asset (as an opponent could easily use it against him, such as to throw him etc.). This is why any wrestler or grappler doesn't just idly grab an opponent and stand there, they will always immediately close in. Same with any predatory animal. When a snake lashes out to capture a prey it doesn't remain extended, within a fraction of a second it will recoil and draw its prey towards itself. Heck, even Hungry Hungry Hippos uses this same principle!

The description of the WFC toyline at BBTS:
    War for Cybertron trilogy introduces an expansive ecosystem of collectible figures

Thought that was a rather novel description