Page 156 of 195 FirstFirst ... 136146151152153154155156157158159160161166176 ... LastLast
Results 1,551 to 1,560 of 1943

Thread: The Random Transformers Thoughts Thread

OK, so it turns out we will be getting a new Diaclone Battle Convoy, DA-65 Battle Convoy V-Max. Takara Tomy Mall has posted pictures. It's a modern homage to the original mold but the back of the robot mode reminds me of one of the WFC Optimus Primes'.

Man that thing looks amazing. Pricey, but it also look like decent value for what you get.

Its odd though as generally Diaclone seems expensive. Like these 4 little dude/ettes and a bike is 4000. I'd really like t pick up some vehicles, but I don't yet see the value. Yet that Battle Convoy looks not bad for what you get.
    I did pick up a free D-man from comic-con/toy show last year and his name is Gary and he is small and also awesome.

350aud is a lot for that Battle Convoy, if it was cheaper i'd bite but that price is really offputting

Quote Originally Posted by Jaxius._ View Post
    350aud is a lot for that Battle Convoy, if it was cheaper i'd bite but that price is really offputting
    Going by the other Diaclone reboot offerings, Battle Convoy will be worth every penny. Sadly, I can only admire it from afar.

It would be fascinating to see G1 Convoy next to MP-44 and Battle Convoy just to compare how one line diverged into two wholly separate concepts.

Got my Scorponk from Amazon today. I wasn't expecting him to be so hefty.
    I have a list of all G1 characters that have been released in CHUG form. You can find it here. Please feel free to let me know if I got anything wrong so I can fix it.

Quote Originally Posted by Seraphim Prime View Post
    It would be fascinating to see G1 Convoy next to MP-44 and Battle Convoy just to compare how one line diverged into two wholly separate concepts.
    I can make that happen.

I was really trying to avoid the Diaclone reboot line, but couldn't resist preordering Battle Convoy (Dirge did you see that coming? )
    Looking to buy lucky draw Armada Prime and Diaclone Marlboor Wheeljack.

The recent SS86 reveals have made me realise that I'm getting kind of burned out by the push for G1 cartoon accuracy in the CHUG lines for the last few years.

I miss early CHUG era (Classics, Universe 2.0 and even early Generations).

Seeing the Auobot 84/85 cars as modern sportscars was really cool (like the 350Z Datsun bros). Galvatron as an Earthen tank? Scourge as a prototype Boeing X-48? I love that kind of modernised updated weirdness.

The way things have been headed recently, I'm just losing interest. It's not helped by the slavish push for screen accuracy which leads to a bunch of cheating in transformations. SS86 Hot Rod looks amazing, but the transformation is essentially just the robot laying down under a blanket of car parts which fold up into a backpack.

I hope that after the WFC Trilogy is done we can start exploring newer territory.
    I'm really just here for the free food and open bar.

Quote Originally Posted by SharkyMcShark View Post
    The recent SS86 reveals have made me realise that I'm getting kind of burned out by the push for G1 cartoon accuracy in the CHUG lines for the last few years.

Seeing the Auobot 84/85 cars as modern sportscars was really cool (like the 350Z Datsun bros). Galvatron as an Earthen tank? Scourge as a prototype Boeing X-48? I love that kind of modernised updated weirdness.

The way things have been headed recently, I'm just losing interest. It's not helped by the slavish push for screen accuracy which leads to a bunch of cheating in transformations. SS86 Hot Rod looks amazing, but the transformation is essentially just the robot laying down under a blanket of car parts which fold up into a backpack.

I hope that after the WFC Trilogy is done we can start exploring newer territory.
    To be fair, a lot of those older modern update figures did have a bunch of kibble/visible car bits, besides basic ones such as Jazz. There is definitely a focus in the recent stuff to have two streamlined modes for the most part, and faux parts/cheating is a symptom of that (and not necessarily one I dislike).
    Seeking the Following:
    - CW Brawl
    - Earthrise Runabout
    - Earthrise Thrust

Quote Originally Posted by SharkyMcShark View Post

The recent SS86 leaks make me concerned about the slippery slope of regular releases and prices. Earthrise Cliffjumper is a deluxe. SS Hot Rod is a voyager. Siege Shockwave is a Leader. Wouldn't pick that from seeing them on the shelf.

I'm an advocate for calling these newer figures something other than CHUG - because for me CHUG is original characters in updated modern forms as you've stated. The new figures just aren't that.

However I do actually love this new cartoon accuracy in the neo-Classics though, I'm finding it appealing to me more than CHUG, and more appealing (and affordable than MP). If they role the whole 84/85 cast in this new scale and accuracy I will buy it all, I'm focusing some of my collection purchases to this aim now (even if means spending ridiculous third party prices for Ramjet and Bluestreak).

But it'd be great if at the same time as this there was a line that was devoid of G1 trappings. I loved some of the RID Warrior class toys (Scorponok, Fracture, Thermidor, Thunderhoof) that were unique and fun (even if some of their names weren't). The RID cartoon had heaps of unique Transformers designs I would have loved to see in a Generations line. Cyberverse is giving us a couple too but those are few and far between. Look at those deluxes - 7 overdone legacy characters to get one new character.