Page 173 of 195 FirstFirst ... 153163168169170171172173174175176177178183193 ... LastLast
Results 1,721 to 1,730 of 1947

Thread: The Random Transformers Thoughts Thread

Yeah, There is a lot of variance of the picture quality as well, some of them look all right, some lok badly lit.

And then there is an Ectrotron at the bottom....

Getting a Slammer, Pipes, Blaster and Tigatron is proving harder than any other general retail figures in recent years. :/
    I have a list of all G1 characters that have been released in CHUG form. You can find it here. Please feel free to let me know if I got anything wrong so I can fix it.

JJJ is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    A range of odd choices on that image- doesn’t look like it’s been put together by anyone with a good knowledge of G1.
    You mean the inclusion of the very recent vintage-style Headmaster boxes? Along with the similarly modern Ecto 1 and an Arcee that I can't place?

Still a jigsaw that I'd enjoy putting together, although yes, it would be nicer to have them all be properly 80s toys. But not something I'd be willing to pay $38 plus postage from the US for (but then my jigsaw valuations are largely shaped by op shop purchases these days, so what do I know? ). Even if the pieces are properly shaped; an important distinction, and one that grows ever rarer the further we go from the 70s...

I had a laugh when I saw Ectotron in there, but I can understand it having a random selection that is not to scale, as the box pics would be too small if they included too many... and I think the larger images makes it more captivating to look at as you put it together.
    (I wonder if the jigsaw was fairly easy to create too, with the overall image probably done from a quick online search for images... maybe with some KOs in there as well.)

Quote Originally Posted by JJJ View Post
    and an Arcee that I can't place?
    I didn't originally see that, but a second look and it would have to be a 3rd party toy... and I now see the Reflector there, in custom packaging too (it was never released in Gen1 grid packaging, only in a plain cardboard box).

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    I didn't originally see that, but a second look and it would have to be a 3rd party toy... and I now see the Reflector there, in custom packaging too (it was never released in Gen1 grid packaging, only in a plain cardboard box).
    Well, with Reflector's name printed out it, but yeah, otherwise pretty no-frills white box with no graphic, logos etc.

Quote Originally Posted by DELTAprime View Post
    Getting a Slammer, Pipes, Blaster and Tigatron is proving harder than any other general retail figures in recent years. :/
    Figures at the tail end of any line is always bad. Blaster at least will be out in Legacy. BM Singe and the 2 headed ramp I had to get online, and HM Ramhorn were exorbitant online, until they showed up here for 5 a piece. Retail sucks, I just order most online these days

Quote Originally Posted by 1AZRAEL1 View Post
    Figures at the tail end of any line is always bad. Blaster at least will be out in Legacy. BM Singe and the 2 headed ramp I had to get online, and HM Ramhorn were exorbitant online, until they showed up here for 5 a piece. Retail sucks, I just order most online these days
    Same. After the first wave hits shelves and sits there for 12 years, most, if not at all of my purchases are done online.

Figures at the tail end of any line is always bad.
    The YakFace Effect.

Although arguably part of the problem is that tail end figures have the least demand.
    e.g. the final years of G1 (1991-93) etc.

I've had Pipes and Slammer on preorder at Amazon AU for almost a year now and they still haven't arrived. I am waiting to be charged for my Tigatron order by Amazon US via Amazon AU after finding him the other week. Still no sign of Blaster, but I'd prefer the WFC version to avoid any mould degradation.
    I have a list of all G1 characters that have been released in CHUG form. You can find it here. Please feel free to let me know if I got anything wrong so I can fix it.