Page 153 of 194 FirstFirst ... 133143148149150151152153154155156157158163173 ... LastLast
Results 1,521 to 1,530 of 1940

Thread: The Random Transformers Thoughts Thread

This private facebook group (Transformers sightings in Victoria) showed up on one of my recommendations lists today, and the main header photo looked very familiar... and this amazed even myself for recognising it, because it is obviously a photo at a ToysRUs store, and they disappeared some time ago now, so it wasn't a recent photo.
    My first thought was that it just looked familiar because the Transformers at ToysRUs stores were fairly similar, and I would look through sightings photos to spot anything "insignificant" that was new that others had missed. I also thought that it could have also been a photo of one of the stores I visited, on the same day, so the photos would be similar.
    Looking up what year some of those RID toys were released (2016), I had a quick look through my archived sightings folder on my computer, and found it... so it was indeed my photo being used, making me feel a bit embarassed that I could remember something useless like that, but still forget to buy some essential items like milk or sugar while at the grocery store.
    Maybe I was asked back then if it was okay if they could use it, but I can't remember. But the amusing thing is that the facebook page is for sightings in Victoria, but they are using a photo from a Brisbane store as their header image.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    This private facebook group (Transformers sightings in Victoria) showed up on one of my recommendations lists today, and the main header photo looked very familiar... and this amazed even myself for recognising it, because it is obviously a photo at a ToysRUs store, and they disappeared some time ago now, so it wasn't a recent photo.
    My first thought was that it just looked familiar because the Transformers at ToysRUs stores were fairly similar, and I would look through sightings photos to spot anything "insignificant" that was new that others had missed. I also thought that it could have also been a photo of one of the stores I visited, on the same day, so the photos would be similar.
    Looking up what year some of those RID toys were released (2016), I had a quick look through my archived sightings folder on my computer, and found it... so it was indeed my photo being used, making me feel a bit embarassed that I could remember something useless like that, but still forget to buy some essential items like milk or sugar while at the grocery store.
    Maybe I was asked back then if it was okay if they could use it, but I can't remember. But the amusing thing is that the facebook page is for sightings in Victoria, but they are using a photo from a Brisbane store as their header image.

Funnily enough i actually run that group, i think i just googled ‘Transformers toy section’ when i first made the group for the cover photo. Funny how things work out though, hope you don’t mind me using it

So I've rewatched ROTF with directors commentary. Wow. If as much effort had gone into everything else as effects, these films could have been awesome.

At one point in the space of 90 seconds Bay and Orci lose track of which of the "many MacGuffins" (their own words) our heroes are after, and have a debate over whether the Arcee triplets have been destroyed yet because they lost track. Fun fact - turns out they were all meant to be destroyed, the effects team only animated one, and no one bothered to go back and rectify that.
    I'm really just here for the free food and open bar.

Been transforming all my Beast Wars figures over the last few days (new collection photos coming!) and several of these guys have water squirting guns. Remember when those were a thing with Transformers for a very short period in the 90s?

I had the Stormtrooper Rage (who just made it to an IDW cover, so proud of him!) and I'm pretty sure his watergun was used, but by the time I got Cheetor (1997?) I never used his, nor any of other waterguns that came later. I'm happy for that gimmick to be one left in the past.

I think the Animated Voyager Optimus had a water squirting gun? Never owned it so could be wrong.

Yes, I think he did... By that stage I was definitely too old to play with my toys that way.

I find it a little odd that none of the obvious repaints or remoulds of Earthrise Grapple have even been leaked. We all know they must be coming, but there's no sign yet.
    I have a list of all G1 characters that have been released in CHUG form. You can find it here. Please feel free to let me know if I got anything wrong so I can fix it.

Inferno is supposedly coming in Kingdom?

Quote Originally Posted by nalops View Post
    Inferno is supposedly coming in Kingdom?
    I thought that was BW Inferno. ¯\_(?)_/¯
    I have a list of all G1 characters that have been released in CHUG form. You can find it here. Please feel free to let me know if I got anything wrong so I can fix it.