Page 159 of 194 FirstFirst ... 139149154155156157158159160161162163164169179 ... LastLast
Results 1,581 to 1,590 of 1940

Thread: The Random Transformers Thoughts Thread

Watching the 1986 movie with my kids today, the following occurred to me:

Quote Originally Posted by DELTAprime View Post
    I wonder how many people will go into Walmart, see the Titanmaster reissue and think they are a G1 Headmaster reissue???
    Probably quite a few. The later season toys aren't as familiar to casual fans as the 1984-85 cast, so they probably think these are the original molds. But seriously, Hasbro can't even get the correct top flap design (uses the earlier seasons logo colour and tagline ) for these G1 homages.
    Recent Acquisitions: MP-53+B Dia Burnout
    (Pre-)ordered: Missing Link C-02
    Wants: Encore Headmasters!

To this day many of my favourite G1 characters are the ones I bought as a kid. Take Skullgrin for instance. He's my favourite pretender, but also the first one I got (on holiday!) but if I was looking at the Pretenders objectively today I'm not sure I'd guess that.

Quote Originally Posted by High_Q View Post
    But seriously, Hasbro can't even get the correct top flap design (uses the earlier seasons logo colour and tagline ) for these G1 homages.
    Probably a very intentional move so these can't be passed off as original vintage if the box gets separated from the toy. I like that there are subtle differences like that personally.
    Looking to buy lucky draw Armada Prime and Diaclone Marlboor Wheeljack.

We’re gonna get all of the 1984 line up in WFC except Buzzsaw. Buzzsaw will end up in some Bumblebee II Walmart exclusive five pack with a Leader toy that will cost over $150 to import won’t be?

I haven’t forgotten MP Ratbat!

TL;DR: The average Beast Wars toy has nearly triple (x2.6) the articulation of an average G1 toy.

Extended Edition

Not including variants or reissues, there are 456 Transformers in Anglophone G1, and 104 Transformers in Anglophone Beast Wars. This means that G1 is nearly quintuple the size of BW - an approximate 5:1 ratio. Using random.org I selected a sample of 50 G1 toys and 10 BW toys, then counted the points of articulation on these toys. The 10 Beast Wars toys yielded an average of 12.3 points of articulation, whereas the 50 G1 toys averaged 4.7 points of articulation.

And for anyone who cares, here is the sample that I tested...

Beast Wars
    Rattrap (original) 9 points of articulation
    Prowl (Magnaboss) 10 PoA
    Manterror 15 PoA
    Spittor (original) 12 PoA
    Cheetor (Transmetal) 12 PoA
    Injector 13 PoA
    Terragator 12 PoA
    Megatron (Transmetal 2) 15 PoA
    Scarem 10 PoA
    Tigatron (Transmetal)* 15 PoA

Generation 1
    Bluestreak 6 PoA
    Bumper 4 PoA
    Windcharger 4 PoA
    Buzzsaw 6 PoA
    Starscream (1984) 2 PoA
    Sludge 9 PoA
    Powerdasher (Cromar) 0 PoA
    Shockwave (1985) 11 PoA
    Barrage (Insecticon) 8 PoA
    Ransack 4 PoA
    Long Haul (1985) 4 PoA
    Mini-Spy (Buggy Type) 4 PoA
    Mini-Spy (Jeep Type) 4 PoA
    Galvatron 8 PoA
    Blast-Off 4 PoA
    Onslaught 5 PoA
    Fortress Maximus 10 PoA
    Sureshot 2 PoA
    Afterburner (Technobot) 3 PoA
    Strafe 2 PoA
    Chase 0 PoA
    Skullcruncher 8 PoA
    Hosehead 3 PoA
    Groundbreaker 6 PoA
    Splashdown 8 PoA
    Squawktalk 2 PoA
    Quake 3 PoA
    Bomb-Burst 6 PoA
    Bugly 6 PoA
    Roadgrabber 3 PoA
    Windsweeper 2 PoA
    Tentakil 3 PoA
    Bumblebee (Pretender) 6 PoA
    Doubleheader 6 PoA
    Pincher 6 PoA
    Starscream (Pretender) 4 PoA
    Icepick 2 PoA
    Storm Cloud 3 PoA
    Airwave 3 PoA
    Optimus Prime (Action Master) 7 PoA
    Over-Run 7 PoA
    Greaser 3 PoA
    Overflow★ 3 PoA
    Megatron (Action Master)※ 7 PoA
    Treadshot 7 PoA
    Grit 3 PoA
    Powerflash 7 PoA
    Bombshell (Action Master) 7 PoA
    Thunder Clash 2 PoA
    Fearswoop 4 PoA

------------------------------------
    Notes
    *I don't own Transmetal Tigatron, so I used X9 Metals Ravage instead, since it's the same mould
    ★I don't own Action Master Megatron, but all AMs have 7 PoA
    ※I don't own Overflow so the PoA has been estimated based on looking at photos

P.S.: It took me over 5 hours to collect and process this data.

Most fans who were around during the Beast Era (waaaay back in the late 1990s), were familiar with Transmetal Scavenger being generally accepted as being the Transmetal version of Inferno.... and there was even a pre-production figure of Scavenger in a 1998 issue of Tomart magazine (image link might have limited access) with "Inferno" printed on the toy (like all Transmetals)... but now it looks like one of the working names for the original Inferno toy could have also been Scavenger, as one of the packaging mockups has been revealed, showing the name Scavenger on the Inferno biocard (on the back of the box).

That doesn't necessarily mean that the 1997 Inferno toy was originally going to be Scavenger... it just means that when packaging mockups were done, the name hadn't been finalised yet, and different name options were still being tested, which Hasbro does all the time...

These were on display at BotCon 2005, with Jetstorm being called Dragonfire. (and on an early toy listing for Fuzors, a preliminary name for Injector was Aquasting)

I got my Gen Select Cordon and Spinout today. I really think the mould is average at best. I'm glad I stuck with my Henkei Sunstreaker instead of buying an Earthrise Sunstreaker to replace him.
    I have a list of all G1 characters that have been released in CHUG form. You can find it here. Please feel free to let me know if I got anything wrong so I can fix it.

Is/Was SS Scrapmetal really rare or something? I saw someone selling it for $80 and a few posts desperately looking for one. I recall stumbling upon one and just buying it at Target or Kmart but would never thought it was hard to find or anything.

Quote Originally Posted by nalops View Post
    Is/Was SS Scrapmetal really rare or something? I saw someone selling it for $80 and a few posts desperately looking for one. I recall stumbling upon one and just buying it at Target or Kmart but would never thought it was hard to find or anything.
    It wasn't. I can only assume its buyers late to the pre box set devastator party pushing the demand up.