Page 138 of 194 FirstFirst ... 118128133134135136137138139140141142143148158 ... LastLast
Results 1,371 to 1,380 of 1940

Thread: The Random Transformers Thoughts Thread

Moved house a few weeks ago and finally unpacked my G1 collection. A few broken pieces, mostly in cases where previous repair jobs have failed.

It got me thinking how much a pain in the arse it would be to shift an entire collection somewhere public to be verified for the Guiness records. Careful packing would require a monumental effort and anything less risks breakage.

I went to big w. Saw the botbots, a lil larger than i thought they would be, almost bought some. If i have more money in hand i might buy the 8 pack.

RE: Ghostbusters MP10

I find it amusing that HasTak have discovered the cheap 'n easy way to milk more money out of collectors; take an Optimus Prime toy and slap it with any random crossover deco you want and watch collectors fawn all over it like seagulls to chips. These redecos don't seem to have any rhyme or reason - just slap on another franchise logo on Optimus Prime and watch the dollars (or yen) roll in. The first of these was probably Pepsi Optimus Prime way back in 1985, but of course this was just a sticker and to help create the idea that Optimus Prime might be hauling a trailer full of Pepsi drinks; but at least the robot wasn't "pimped out" - but then it was with the Pepsi Convoy reissue (which yeah, I totally pre-ordered ).

So AFAIK here's a list of canonically irrelevant/shameless product crossover Optimus Primes:
    * Pepsi Convoy/Optimus Prime
    * A Bathing Ape Convoy (G1) - green/black/red
    * A Bathing Ape Convoy (MP10) - green/black/red
    * Neon Genesis Evangelion MP10 Convoy (and arguably the Q-TF Evas, although they're retools of the Hello Kitty TF not any Convoy toys)
    * 7-Eleven MP10 Convoy
    * MP10 Convoy atmos safari - Lebron James/Duck/Elephant/Tiger black/Tiger yellow/Viotech
    * Music Label Convoy w/ iPod dock - white/G1/Exile
    * Ghostbusters MP10 Convoy
    * Street Fighter II Ryu

Others that I didn't include but some people might think that I should have:
    * Sports Label Convoy - standard/marine
    * au Infobar Convoy - Nishikigoi/Annin
    * Captimus Prime
    * Ectotron (coming soon)
    The reason why I didn't include these on my previous list is because at least these are brand new moulds that Takara engineered and created alongside Nike and au to create a product for themselves. The ones in the above list are just redecos of already existing Optimus Prime toys; slap a new colour scheme and sell it.

"But she's got a new hat!"

Disclaimer: This is not a vent. Obviously milking moulds is how they make money and repaints have existed in this toyline since the very beginning, and cross promotional merch toys have been around since at least 1985. And I myself am guilty of getting Pepsi Convoy and I own the Q TF Evangelion figures if they count; so yeah, I've totally indulged in this too. Just a musing.
    P.S.: I also own Captimus Prime and I've pre-ordered Ectotron, so...
    Last edited by GoktimusPrime; 27th April 2019 at 11:25 PM.

Anyone else really lowkey hoping for a Studio Series Voyager class BB Blitzwing or harrier Shatter?

My recent favourite part of my collection to idly fiddle with has been the Movie Voyager air force - SS Starscream, SS Thundercracker, TLK Megatron, TLK Zeus, HFTD Highbrow, and RTS Strafe have been ever-present on my coffee table and I'd like them to have reinforcements.
    I'm really just here for the free food and open bar.

I'm hoping that they will do a Studio Series Jet Type Shatter. If they do Blitzwing I'll get him but I won't be shattered (heh) if they don't, cos let's face it he was a quick "Hi then die" character. About as exciting as G1 Ferak.

I expect they'll do Blitzwing and I am keen to get him.

Shatter as a jet I'm not so fussed by.

Quote Originally Posted by SharkyMcShark View Post
    Anyone else really lowkey hoping for a Studio Series Voyager class BB Blitzwing or harrier Shatter?

My recent favourite part of my collection to idly fiddle with has been the Movie Voyager air force - SS Starscream, SS Thundercracker, TLK Megatron, TLK Zeus, HFTD Highbrow, and RTS Strafe have been ever-present on my coffee table and I'd like them to have reinforcements.
    LOL, Low Key, Harrier Shatter is the BB SS character I'm pining for over all others. Blitzwing would be great, but I needs me a Harrier Shatter.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

The car mode guys really don't do much for me, but I would like a jet-mode Shatter to go with helicopter Dropkick.