View Poll Results: 5-Step Megatronus - worth getting?

Voters
5. You may not vote on this poll
  • One of the original 13 Primes? Hells yeah!

1 20.00%
  • Only if cheap

2 40.00%
  • Only if...

1 20.00%
  • Na

0 0%
  • Should have stayed confined to history

1 20.00%

Thread: Toy Review - RID(15) Megatronus (5-step)

Default Toy Review - RID(15) Megatronus (5-step)

Series - Robots In Disguise 2015
    Size/class - Um... big?
    New/remould/redeco – New
    Wave - 3
    Released here - Yes
    Approximate Retail Price - $49
    Approximate Size - 28cm
    Allegiance - Decepticon
    Alt-mode – Cybertronian Tank
    Main Features/Gimmicks – 5-stepper
    Main Colours – Black, Purple
    Main Accessories – Melee staff, Rail Gun

Robot Mode
    Kinda cool face-head sculpt. Decently proportioned and good colour scheme. However due to being such a big and simple toy lacks a lot of fine detail that could make it look a lot cooler. Rail-gun on arm looks ok but is so thin you can almost not notice it and melee weapons shaft is so thin it looks a bit silly in his hand.

Vehicle Mode
    Looks ok from the front, ok from the side, decidedly average from the top and back. Would have helped to make the tank tracks a different colour from the main body. Once again, being so big and simple misses a lot of fine detail that could have made it look cooler. You can position the melee weapon in 5 different places on top of the tank, doesn’t really suit anywhere. Not a bad cybertronian tank overall but not great.

Transformation
    A simple 5 steps – makes it annoyingly easy for an adult but probably good for 5 to 8 year olds.

Overall
    It’s pretty cool to finally get an official toy of one of the naughty original 13 Primes, though it depends on what continuity you are looking at as to whether The Fallen and Megatronus are the same character I guess. It’s ok looking in both modes and it’s cool it got released in Australian TRU’s before anywhere else in the world. However I’m not really sure he is worth the price – up to you really.

Just be careful with the internal mechanism, as mine didn't last long and is now currently stuck in robot mode... until I get around to having a play and seeing if I can pull it apart to fix.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    Just be careful with the internal mechanism, as mine didn't last long and is now currently stuck in robot mode... until I get around to having a play and seeing if I can pull it apart to fix.
    Oh sorry man, didn't realise you'd already written a review

Yeah a guy on YouTube was saying the same thing about the internal mechanism - must be a design flaw

Nothing to be sorry about... I was posting up the photos as news (it was the first gallery in the world of that toy), so it wasn't an actual review.
    And I didn't copy it over to a review topic because I didn't think there would be any/many people here buying it (due to it being an over-sized gimmick toy and there is supposed to be a Warrior class toy coming).