View Poll Results: GEN-15 DLX Ironhide - worth buying?

Voters
8. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

4 50.00%
  • Only if...

2 25.00%
  • No

0 0%
  • Not even interested in it

2 25.00%

Thread: Toy Review - GEN-15 DLX Ironhide

Default Toy Review - GEN-15 DLX Ironhide

(Please post comments, photos or even a fully comprehensive review - these are just some brief details to start you off)
    Impressions of the group or a combiner as a whole can be posted here or in the pre-existing group review topic here if you prefer.

Ironhide
    Series - Generations
    Sub-line - Combiner Wars
    Size/class - Deluxe
    New/remould/redeco - Redeco Offroad with new head.
    Wave - 4
    Released here - not yet (out in Asia & America July/Aug)
    Approximate Retail Price - (probably about AU$30) US$17
    Approximate Size - 15cm
    Allegiance - Autobot
    Alt-mode - Pickup truck
    Main Features/Gimmicks - Combiner limb
    Main Colours - Red, black, grey, yellow.
    Main Accessories - axe, combiner fist/foot

Toy Review - GEN-15 DLX Ironide
    ^thread topic typo.

I'm personally not interested in the Combiner Wars gestalt figures which already have existing Classicsverse figures (e.g. Ironhide, Mirage, Prowl, Sunstreaker, Optimus Prime etc.). While these toys do look quite nice, I'm already happy with their previous CHUGUR counterparts.

I couldn't walk past this figure today purely because he's Ironhide and he's RED.

He's fun to play with and easy to transform. Seems to be as robust as all the other Combiner War figures and transformation is identical to Offroad.

He comes with an axe - I would have preferred he have a gun myself but *shrugs*. The "hand" canon is silver which is a nice change from the coloured plastic of previous combiners.

I like him but as far as Combiner Wars goes he is just more of the same in a different colour. I'll be curious to see what Takara does differently with him.

The comic that comes with him is pretty good although (and forgive me as I don't read the mainline comics) it feels very Battlestar Galactica with the 13 lost colonies. I do like the dynamic of Optimus and Windblade together.

He seems a bit lean to be Ironhide. He just kind of recedes inwards to the hips.
    Seeking the Following:
    - CW Brawl
    - Earthrise Runabout
    - Earthrise Thrust

Quote Originally Posted by Bidoofdude View Post
    He seems a bit lean to be Ironhide. He just kind of recedes inwards to the hips.
    True, he is a tad slim with a youngish face (especially on the boxart) but still overall reeks more of G1 Ironhide than a lot of figures we've had. Shame about the backpack in robot mode but what can ya do. Alt mode is very nice and the yellow stripe on the side is appreciated. You can attach his weapon in two different ways in the ute tray which is also cool. Overall not bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Bladestorm View Post
    The comic that comes with him is pretty good
    And Ironhide is actually in it! Makes a nice change, opened Sunstreaker last night and saw neither hide nor hair of him in the comic.

Quote Originally Posted by BigTransformerTrev View Post
    True, he is a tad slim with a youngish face (especially on the boxart) but still overall reeks more of G1 Ironhide than a lot of figures we've had.
    Not a mean feat in itself,he's got most of the stuff.
    Seeking the Following:
    - CW Brawl
    - Earthrise Runabout
    - Earthrise Thrust