Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Springer's September Spring Suprises

Picked up groove from Kmart Hornsby today. I know that $19 is $3 more than I would normally purchase him for, but I really wanted to complete the Protectobots. Now to wait for Quickslinger (who I doubt will ever come )
    I'll update this when I'm needing help finding particular figures

From Ebay from a Japanese seller. the book is in such pristine condition...I can't believe it's used or anything... According to item description - USED.... it's so minty though, so pleased to finally get the original deluxe version so I can compare it to my HK version ....
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

Quote Originally Posted by speros View Post
    recently arrived Red feet prime

Just a reminder that you can also post awesome G1 acquisitions in the G1 Acquisitions Thread

Quote Originally Posted by liegeprime View Post

From Ebay from a Japanese seller. the book is in such pristine condition...I can't believe it's used or anything... According to item description - USED.... it's so minty though, so pleased to finally get the original deluxe version so I can compare it to my HK version ....
    Awesome! I wouldn't mind doing a side by side comparison too. I'd be curious to hear your thoughts between both versions.

Recent additions

From HLJ MP Bumblebee G2 version

From Kmart, Combiner Wars Legends Blackjack, Rodimus, and Skywarp

From Popculcha online, Combiner Wars Ultra Magnus, Cyclonus, Hotspot, Groove and Viper.

I recommend checking out Popculcha as they have the Combiner Wars Leaders and Voyagers in stock that are hard to find at retail.

Kmart has Blackjack. Thought Oz had skipped that wave??
    Quote Originally Posted by Defcon View Post
    Recent additions

From HLJ MP Bumblebee G2 version

From Kmart, Combiner Wars Legends Blackjack, Rodimus, and Skywarp

From Popculcha online, Combiner Wars Ultra Magnus, Cyclonus, Hotspot, Groove and Viper.

I recommend checking out Popculcha as they have the Combiner Wars Leaders and Voyagers in stock that are hard to find at retail.

Quote Originally Posted by aduthie1980 View Post
    Kmart has Blackjack. Thought Oz had skipped that wave??
    I think it is packed into a later wave, series 5 includes Blackjack, Rodimus, Groove and Skywarp. I guess we are lucky, except we are still missing Huffer.

Quote Originally Posted by Defcon View Post
    I think it is packed into a later wave, series 5 includes Blackjack, Rodimus, Groove and Skywarp. I guess we are lucky, except we are still missing Huffer.
    And I just finally caved and bought him online!!

Mad props to Paulbot

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post

Awesome! I wouldn't mind doing a side by side comparison too. I'd be curious to hear your thoughts between both versions.
    Well first off the difference would be on the cover and letter/characters used.

The JV has a coverlet which if you remove there's the coverpage of the book itself with a sketched drawing to it, while the CV the cover is just it, although it has a longer cover page which they folded to make you think there's a page underneath - there isn't.
    The Chinese Version has a gold G1 prime artwork on the front with a subdued background of G1 figures as a background. You well know what the Jap version looks heheheh

The Jap one (JV = Jap version) of course is Japanese, the HK one I believe would be Chinese - CV = Chinese Version or whatever Chinese dialect it is Im not so sure (I'm assuming it's Chinese) , both I can't read ;P but the characters for each word is totally different is what I wanted to say.

The names in English are the same, albeit the JV has used a thicker version of the same font. the CV used a somewhat taller , thinner version of the same font. Also, the mistakes of the English name and description are the same. E.g. CHOPSHOP (THIFF)

The CV has semi glossy looking shots and paper used, while the JV has matte pics and finish. the pages on the JV has dots beside it, while the CV has broken lines next to it.

Paging is the same, but the JV has a lot more artworks which makes it far thicker the CV. Also there's a lot more articles on the JV and a checklist of sorts of all the characters.

The CV has only 128 pages while the JV has 160... so plenty of extra artworks there

Note: I'll just take photos later and prolly add it in. For now these are the obvious differences I can see. I"m curious to see if they made any differences to this new version JV I bought to your old book Gok?
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

Thats sounds very good. Awesome.