Page 16 of 42 FirstFirst ... 611121314151617181920212636 ... LastLast

Thread: HobbyLink Japan (HLJ) (Japan) new items

Thanks guys just trying to find a good reliable place where my boxes arrive in tact.

Quote Originally Posted by ZoonMaster5000 View Post
    Can anyone tell me what their packaging is like? As this will be my first time dealing with them.
    Hey Zoon, I had a good email exchange with them when I was working out who to order from in Japan in 2014. They were really great to deal with but did explain they don't always use bubblewrap as Sinnertwin and Griffin have noted.

So that led me to use Nippon-Yasan. They do a fantastic job packing, always use bubblewrap and other material. There has been the odd collector complaint that they jack up the shipping cost when an item becomes in stock. My only gripe was they charged more for Tracks on preorder than when it became in stock. But other than that, as a mostly MISB collector I've been very happy with them.

Quote Originally Posted by DaptoDog View Post
    Hey Zoon, I had a good email exchange with them when I was working out who to order from in Japan in 2014. They were really great to deal with but did explain they don't always use bubblewrap as Sinnertwin and Griffin have noted.

So that led me to use Nippon-Yasan. They do a fantastic job packing, always use bubblewrap and other material. There has been the odd collector complaint that they jack up the shipping cost when an item becomes in stock. My only gripe was they charged more for Tracks on preorder than when it became in stock. But other than that, as a mostly MISB collector I've been very happy with them.
    cheers for that, I also looked at ny but i needed to pick up some legends figures that only hlj had so I thought i'd give them ago first. But in saying that i need a new legends wheelie as bbts sent me a crappy box so I'll be hopping there sight soon. Do ny combine shipping?

Thanks guys just trying to find a good reliable place where my boxes arrive in tact.
    Robotkingdom are brilliant. Strong cardboard box, polystyrene sheeting on all sides and packing peanuts.

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Metro View Post
    Robotkingdom are brilliant. Strong cardboard box, polystyrene sheeting on all sides and packing peanuts.
    Don't forget the free packs of movie cards! 😎

Quote Originally Posted by Sinnertwin View Post
    Don't forget the free packs of movie cards! 😎
    Its about 3 years now they have been packing those in with each of my orders.

cheers for that, I also looked at ny but i needed to pick up some legends figures that only hlj had so I thought i'd give them ago first. But in saying that i need a new legends wheelie as bbts sent me a crappy box so I'll be hopping there sight soon. Do ny combine shipping?
    Best thing to do is give them a try on a small order and see for yourself. Yes they both combine pre orders and split them. This is where the cost can get closer to PC's pricing.

For example, I just pre-ordered Artfire today. Then I combined my existing pre-order for Frenzy/Buzzsaw, which only added 495 Yen (~$6) to the shipping cost. The cost of shipping the cassette's on their own was going to be almost 2,000 Yen, so it was well worthwhile combining. Best to combine for preorders due within a month or two of each other.

They have Paypal payment available among other options. Can also pay at anytime until just before it comes in stock. I sometimes pay it early if I want to lock in an exchange rate. Just never pay in A$, their conversion rate is terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Metro View Post
    Yep they are the best in the biz IMO. I use them from time to time for figures that I'm catching up on. But unfortunately with where the US$ is it's quite expensive, particularly compared to ordering straight from the Japanese sellers.

Can anyone tell me what their packaging is like? As this will be my first time dealing with them.
    I've only had two orders from them, but the boxes were mint, better than anything I've bought from stores (dents etc) and they empty space was filled with those packing air bags. Like car air bags but smaller, so transformer sized for their little heads while they are in transport in the back of astro train or Jetfire.

Magna convoy is up now

Just got another thing from them today.

The cardboard boxes they use are really sturdy, it's thick and durable (errr...) like the ones they use for some medical supplies that I regularly unpack at a local hospital. I've worked in a few factories and handled a lot of boxes, you get the thin stuff that collapses real easy, and this wavy more rigid type you can drop on the floor and kick across the room and 9/10 times the contents will be fine. They use to use that stronger type for 20 KG boxes (solid block that gets cut up by sellers) of cream cheese at my old work, it can take a lot of beating, and is more resistant to moisture thanks to the thicker cardboard.

You can see in the images they put a slip sheet of clear plastic over the toy box, and a cardboard backer in there to keep it sturdy.

In larger packages they put in air bags, peanuts whatever so that packages are not slopping around in empty space (1 of 2 common causes of damaged shit in the mail, the other being boxes dropped / thrown and kicked by handlers, no I am NOT JOKING AT ALL)