Page 19 of 33 FirstFirst ... 9141516171819202122232429 ... LastLast

Thread: Classics 2.0/Universe Comments thread

Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    Decided to use this thread instead of making a new one...

I'm wondering if anyone has had a problem with transforming their Henkei Sunstreaker?

I know you need to rotate the chest piece to reveal the head (see attached, step 17).

However, the chest piece would not rotate fully (i.e. piece becomes "slanted") despite the head being revealed properly all the way. I don't want to exert too much force lest I break something inside.

If this has happened to you, do you have a suggestion on how to fix it?

If this is an issue with the figure's quality, then I have to say I am rather disappointed, since I thought Henkei would be better...
    I forgot about this, it happens on my Universe Sideswipe. I think the figure was assembled with the head part placed to high in the reveal gears (in car mode). I'm going to take it apart for a closer look soon. I don't think it'll be too much trouble to fix but I haven't taken this figure apart before. Thanks for reminder.
    "I am not a gun. I'm hitting people with a hammer. On Mars."
    The Iron Giant / David Wildgoose

same thing with my sunstreaker. you need to take apart the chest by unscrewing on four points on the back. its easy to realign the chest rotation and the head.

SE OP, is actually a step back (in terms of paint applications on the legs):

Left (old), right (new).

Left (old), right (new).

The new one is seriously lacking the silver + gun metal paints found on the old one...

I don't miss the yellow on forehead or the white circles on knees though.
    Last edited by Kyle; 23rd December 2008 at 06:42 PM.

oooh! miscoloured feet. I didn't realise that. Mine comes from Odie who painted his which gives it a very even look.
    Collection Count (w/ a 12.42% upsize): 3053
    New Family Members: DA-15 Jetwing Prime, DOTM Leader Ironhide, Perfect Effect Reflector, DOTM Shockwave & Skyhammer, eHobby United 3-packs
    Current Desires: Japanese BW Optimal Optimus
    The Holy Grail: Ultmetal Optimus Prime

Visit the Wonderful World of: The Iacon City Hub-Capital Collection

Odie? You Melbourne ppl with your Melbourne nicknames...

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    Odie? You Melbourne ppl with your Melbourne nicknames...
    How do u know they're not real names?
    Collection Count (w/ a 12.42% upsize): 3053
    New Family Members: DA-15 Jetwing Prime, DOTM Leader Ironhide, Perfect Effect Reflector, DOTM Shockwave & Skyhammer, eHobby United 3-packs
    Current Desires: Japanese BW Optimal Optimus
    The Holy Grail: Ultmetal Optimus Prime

Visit the Wonderful World of: The Iacon City Hub-Capital Collection

I opened Ironhide today and he's really good. The vehicle mode isn't great but despite the different type of vehicle it still feels like Ironhide. I love the robot mode because it embodies the character we know from the cartoon so well. Even the hunched pose fits the character. I look forward to the Ratchet toy even more now.

What's this super gun mode with Sunstreaker i'm hearing about? Can anyone post a pic or link?

Universe Sideswipe:
    Gotta say that I love this figure... colours are definitely better than Sunstreaker's, and the shoulder holes to accommodate the gun are another touch of the ingenuity of getting the two molds out of the same design. I do think that the roof as the chest gives a better overall look, but Swipey's paint job and scheme (esp with the whites) beats his twin's yellow. A couple of things to say about the common problems:

Arm Issue:
    A lot of people have been complaining about the arms - the first Swipey I picked up definitely had a mis-manufactured shoulder ball joint. It didn't fit in properly and would fall off during transformation as well as if you wanted to move the arm outwards. Unfortunately there's probably no easy way to fix this - the second figure I picked up didn't have the problem. The arm should stay on the joint quite well, and takes pretty firm pressure to yank it off (which can, of course, be done). Be assured, any store should take a refund or replace if there is an actual manufacturing error like this - you just need to be firm about it.

Head/Roof Issue:
    Most have probably figured out how to fix this, but I thought I'd describe a little more. If your roof doesn't turn all the way around with the head reveal, then it's a problem with the alignment of the teeth inside the figure. To fix it, you need to pull the bonnet bit upwards (ie. half transformed) to get at the four screws otherwise covered by it in robot mode. Taking the four screws off and opening the figure up allows you to take apart the rotating cog and teeth inside - simply align the roof such that it is pointed straight down when the head is fully up, and put the thing back together (guess I can put pics up if anyone's still unclear about it).

Overall 8/10 (assuming the errors are fixed)
    Recent acquisitions: SS Leader Blackout & Deluxe Starscream, & FP Pinchar (Snarl)!
    Upcoming: SS Voyager OP, Megs, Brawl & Ironhide!
    Wishlist: Voyager Astrotrain & Octane (Thank you Hasbro!), Modern Dinobots (Thank you FP!)

Perth WAtch - YouTube - Sharing my passion for watches & horology
    Perth TransFan - YouTube - Sharing my interest in all things Transformers!

I was looking at Universe Cyclonus in real life today and the toy looks great in robot mode. It captures the look of the character incredibly. I only partially transformed the toy, but I thought the way the front of the jet is formed is really clever. But really I couldn't get enough of the robot mode. Just fell in love with it.