Page 22 of 33 FirstFirst ... 212171819202122232425262732 ... LastLast

Thread: Classics 2.0/Universe Comments thread

Quote Originally Posted by jaydisc View Post
    It's a similar fiasco to Allspark Blue. They must have just gotten truckloads of this color cheap and are now using it everywhere

I heard that with Ravage you have to try each of the four possibly ways you can insert him as only 1/4 works.
    Wonder what cheap colour they'll buy in extra quantity then use next...

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    Wonder what cheap colour they'll buy in extra quantity then use next...
    Probably that nasty yellow they used on Bumblebee, Sunstreaker and Piss Rescue Ratchet
    |Buy ALL my things!|Collection Thread|Current Collection Count: ~661|
    |Wants|Galaxy Force Blue Rumble|

I wonder why they never thought to rampantly abuse glow-in-the-dark colours.

Maybe that'll be next and we'll get redecos of everyone in glow-in-the-dark greens.

We had those glow-in-the-dark posters in 1986. That paint eventually wore out and stopped glowing in the dark.

A Melbourne comic shop got the most recent Universe deluxes in store directly from the US (with markups to match). Starscreams, Hounds, Cyclonusi sold out within days (maybe the day) of going on the shelf.

A week later all that was left were two Smokescreens, and four Dinobots.

Could be a sign of which toy is going to be the pegwarmer.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    A Melbourne comic shop got the most recent Universe deluxes in store directly from the US (with markups to match). Starscreams, Hounds, Cyclonusi sold out within days (maybe the day) of going on the shelf.

I would imagine Dinobot would be. He would mostly appeal to Beast Wars fans while I am sure most people collecting Universe Classics are doing so for the G1 nostalgia. On top of that, Dinobot is also a bit of a turn off to Beast Wars fans as the colors chosen do not look much like Dinobot from the show and informed fans who do want the mold are probably waiting for Henkei.

Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post
    Yeah we couldn't push it in without 'bending' the plastic a fair bit which would not have been enough to break it but enough to warp it. I am sure that if we forced it in, we would have been able to fit the tape inside but I wouldn't call it advisable so yeah, I will agree that it doesn't fit as 'forcing it in' doesn't count.
    Just got my Henkei Hound/Ravage today, and tried fitting into my Encore Soundwave. Ravage can fit inside with no force if you orient him the same way as the photo posted earlier. His front legs have an indent that, in tape mode, allows it to pass smoothly in front of the plastic tab on the inside left of Soundwave's chest. Here's the photo again:

Quote Originally Posted by kurdt_the_goat View Post
    Just got my Henkei Hound/Ravage today, and tried fitting into my Encore Soundwave. Ravage can fit inside with no force if you orient him the same way as the photo posted earlier. His front legs have an indent that, in tape mode, allows it to pass smoothly in front of the plastic tab on the inside left of Soundwave's chest. Here's the photo again:

Thanks, I will give it a go once my Henkei Hound arrives. I have a vintage G1 Soundwave and if it fits in him then it can fit in any reissue.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post

Works for me, as Dinobot is the only Universe guy I really want from that wave. If he's a pegwarmer, it'll be easier to find him.