Page 25 of 33 FirstFirst ... 5152021222324252627282930 ... LastLast

Thread: Classics 2.0/Universe Comments thread

I thought the lower half of the legs clip into place with the groin, so that the back of the knee pads touch the pelivs, seems to work with mine at least. Stability doesn't seem to be an issue but the gaps are annoying, although no where near as bad as Cybertron Soundwave. What bugs me more is his jet mode is a bit too fat and unaerodynamic, which is worsened when Nightstick is attached.

Still my general opinon of the classics so far is that they have awesome robot modes and average vehicle modes, so I guess I'm willing to let a lot of Cyclonus's vehicle mode flaws slide.

Autobase Aichi has comparative photos of Universe and G1 Beachcomber here (scroll down). The white really should have been grey.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    An addition of 2 fists can make Universe Superion a whole lot better~

http://www.hk-tf.com/discuz/upload/v....php?tid=10351
    Dangit! Anyone save the pics? :S The link is now dead

Current Wants:
    Shadow Scyther

Quote Originally Posted by lcz128 View Post
    Dangit! Anyone save the pics? :S The link is now dead
    We forgot to renew the HK-TF domain and it expired... My friends are already working on it.

Not sure if this is the place to ask questions instead of post comments ... but I read a while back that there will be another release of Universe Ironhide where he has a silver face instead of a blue one, is this correct? If so, does anyone know when/if it would be released in retail shops in Australia?

By the way, I got Acid Storm the other day. I decided against getting him before because the mold is not new, but since there seem to be more Autobots than Decepticon figures in my small collection I wanted to bring some balance back. I think his colour scheme is not bad either.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    Not sure if this is the place to ask questions instead of post comments ... but I read a while back that there will be another release of Universe Ironhide where he has a silver face instead of a blue one, is this correct? If so, does anyone know when/if it would be released in retail shops in Australia?
    Not sure, Sam. It was supposed to be in a special assortment of x2 Ironhide, x2 Sideswipe, x2 Bluestreak, x1 Galvatron, x1 Acid Storm but I can't say I've ever seen that exact assortment yet or can be convinced to buy another one just to check. Hasbro announced it as a running change but I haven't paid attention to the larger US boards to see if anyone found one eventually.
    Collection Count (w/ a 12.42% upsize): 3053
    New Family Members: DA-15 Jetwing Prime, DOTM Leader Ironhide, Perfect Effect Reflector, DOTM Shockwave & Skyhammer, eHobby United 3-packs
    Current Desires: Japanese BW Optimal Optimus
    The Holy Grail: Ultmetal Optimus Prime

Visit the Wonderful World of: The Iacon City Hub-Capital Collection

I had a fiddle with griffin's Henkei Cyclonus yesterday and I must say that mouldwise, the robot mode is really nice. Didn't get to take the jet mode for a spin though.

MV75 is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

After seeing them today, I have to say something;

Cheetor, dinobot, smokescreen,

They all look fanatastic in package. I was blown away with how clean and even, especially smokescreen, are. The paint apps have improved considerably.

Anyone else notice?
    Code:
    O o 
      _
     / --------------------------------
    |      IMMA FIRIN MA LAZAR!!!
     \_--------------------------------

I saw those toys yesterday, I did notice the paint aps on Smokescreen were quite neat however the figure still does not impress me. IMO it has to much yellow, and the colour placement bothers me he looks like a clown. Cheetor's hunch back is a huge turn of to. After seeing them in the plastic I think Dinobot is the only one I will be getting.

Quote Originally Posted by MV75 View Post
    After seeing them today, I have to say something;

Cheetor, dinobot, smokescreen,

They all look fanatastic in package. I was blown away with how clean and even, especially smokescreen, are. The paint apps have improved considerably.

Anyone else notice?
    They look great in packaging.

But once out and Transformed, I could find nothing special about any of them, to me Dinobot and Cheetor look worse than their original incarnations. Smokescreen just needed some minor updates to his paint layout, and he would have been peachy.
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)