Thread: Classics 2.0/Universe Comments thread

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Henkei Sunstreaker and Prowl:

Henkei Sunstreaker: The Chrome is absolute love and the painted parts on Henkei Sunstreaker blend in a hell of a lot better than Universe even if not perfect. The lemon yellow also helps in the feel of the car to look more realistic a as well as more G1 accurate. I am blown away at how much of a difference the chrome and change of color from Fluro yellow to lemon yellow has made on this Henkei. This figure just feels really good!

Henkei Prowl: He is the weaker figure in this duo but still miles ahead of Universe Prowl. The doors are not sticky and have proper paint applications although the front side panels have minor QC issues in the white paint edges (You have too look carefully to see it). The side panels are also feel much more fragile than the rest of the figure but this appears to be due to the choice of clear plastic rather than plastic quality. The chrome applications are perfect on this figure and its amazing how much the silver missiles add to the figure which Universe neglected even to paint gray. The chromed weapon also adds to an awesome look. The only real flaw with Prowl's paint apps is the chest (front of car) panels. Because they are white plastic painted black, the edges happen to be white and in car mode (and robot chest mode) it shows ugly white lines on the edges. This flaw was also present with BTA Alert and is an issue that neither Takara nor Hasbro have ever been able to get right in similar toys. That is a tiny issue and aside from that the figure is great and certainly well above the Universe release.

Mold wise, Sunstreaker is great while Prowl comes second due to his apparent fragility and non ball jointed head which only allows it to look from side to side not up or down.

Honestly, the Universe figures don't compare to their Henkei counterparts. I am glad I waited and got these instead!
    Last edited by kup; 14th October 2008 at 07:57 PM.