Quote Originally Posted by kaiden View Post
I bought Bruticus in preparation for the fansproject add on kits and wow was i severely disappointed.

The biggest problem is that blast off is a tank of the same mold as brawl and swindle is a copter, the same as vortex.

The only one i actually like is onslaught. he has a solid robot mode and alt mode.
I love his arms and legs - they're fun to play with and are his strongest attributes.
the only problems would be his ugly head - it makes him look like princess leia, and his head is not even hidden from view in alt mode.

brawl... i hate the treads as back kibble. they cant even be used as wings. the cannons on his arms make him look like seekers. his head is ugly and both alt and robot mode are stupid. fail.

vortex in alt mode is not so bad but i hate his arms that are just hangin underneath. his robot mode sucks.

gestalt mode is a horrible mess. i hate his arms and legs.
whoever design this should really have looked at the henkei/classics line. thats beautiful.

one thing that would have helped is if the 4 smaller transformers were all deluxe size. then they could have been more creative.

i wish fansproject would remake both brawl and vortex - the hasbro ones are horrible.
So basically you dislike nearly everything that makes him what he is? He was sold in a window box...

Most of what you listed are legitimate gripes (not sure about the Princess Leia comparison though. Or the Seeker comparison. Or the Henkei comparison) but to me he's really nifty.

He showcases what I imagined as a kid what a Combiner would be: small robots transforming into a fully realised and imposing robot. Up until I got Energon Bruticus Maximus most of my Combiners felt lacking.

They connected sure but they didin't become something more. I adore my reissue Predaking but Damn! he just stands there, slumping under his own weight. Sure slumping and ominous, but slumping none the less.