Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast

Thread: New Masterpiece Hot Rod?

drifand is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by BigTransformerTrev View Post
    Yeah if I decide to get this I might have the old MP as Rodimus Prime and the new MP as Hot Rod for my collection
    Only thing is whether they will include offshoot and if not offshoot would be not in scale in this case. Not a deal breaker I guess.

I think MP-9 in both Hot Rod and Rodimus Prime robot modes scales well with everything else as is. I see this new toy as purely for a better alt mode scaling. Not necessarily accurate to the cartoon, as there were some pics posted on TFW that show Hot Rod's car mode in the cartoon was pretty big, closer to what MP-9 is. Doesn't stop MP-9's car looking completely oversized and silly next to the Lambo/Datsuns etc. I'm pretty keen cause I love both of Hot Rod's modes so i'll be displaying this new one in car, old in robot!

I always thought hot rod was a bigger car. If you had a g1 jazz and the old hot rod , you can see is still bigger.

Well hopefully it's an entirely different mould. Otherwise meh if it's just a scaled down version of MP09 mould. That mould had a lot of issues to it. it keeps falling apart when you play with it and the ratchets break the toy.... the hands can't hold anything and I expected a lot more considering it's an MP figure, it's basically a upsized plateformer.

Still hopefully they make this new one NOT a plateformer and have the torse as one solid piece instead of plates/panels compressed together to make a torso. Also an opening cockpit/driver seat for the existing Daniel figure would be great... fishing rod, okay .

Wonder what other accessories they can include?
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

Quote Originally Posted by liegeprime View Post
    Wonder what other accessories they can include?
    Pack in a MP Galvatron please
    "I am not a gun. I'm hitting people with a hammer. On Mars."
    The Iron Giant / David Wildgoose

A box of energon goodies?
    "Save the rebellion! Save the dream!" - Saw Gerrera

Quote Originally Posted by UltimateGalvatron View Post
    A box of energon goodies?
    ^then people complain about them investing in these "one shot" accessories for characters (which is what the welder, buzzsaw & visor were too). Aaahhh... just can't please everyone. Perhaps they could include Galvatron's Wanted Poster.

I be very disappointed if they started to do kup mp next and skip the rest of the cars.

Quote Originally Posted by drifand View Post
    I be very disappointed if they started to do kup mp next and skip the rest of the cars.
    So would I. Kup, Blurr etc don't float my boat like Hound, Jazz, Mirage, Trailbreaker, Skids etc. But the real cars seem to be selling well so I think the season 1 and 2 characters will still be released.

Still happy to get MP Hot Rod. I never got the Takara MP-9, only have the Hasbro Rodimus.

Maybe he will come with Daniel on a hover board?

Quote Originally Posted by drifand View Post
    I would kind of like to see MP Kup, Blur not so much. I doubt they will skip all the cars, just some of them.