Thread: Generations GEN2 Superion boxset images from Asia

Default Generations GEN2 Superion boxset images from Asia

The G2 Superion set has been found at retail in China.

This is the first of three CW box sets that we know about, all of which were meant to be due next year. The other two are G2 Menasor and Victorion, the "fan-built" combiner.

With this first set having been found so early, it may not be long before we see the others, although I would still speculate that in Australia we are likely to see them as some sort of toy sale exclusive next year.

Quote Originally Posted by Zommael View Post
    The G2 Superion set has been found at retail in China.

This is the first of three CW box sets that we know about, all of which were meant to be due next year. The other two are G2 Menasor and Victorion, the "fan-built" combiner.

With this first set having been found so early, it may not be long before we see the others, although I would still speculate that in Australia we are likely to see them as some sort of toy sale exclusive next year.
    More images of the contents and back of the box.

Comparison images of the new Gen2 redeco set of the Aerialbots, with the regular versions.

I think they look really nice, but then, I like the Gen2 homage.

Some more photos of the Gen2 Superion, fighting Gen2 Menasor.

And photos of the Gen2 Stunticons.

I wonder what the chances are of Takara Tomy version of G2 Superion and G2 Menasor? I'd like to pick up these guys but every other Combiner set I've ordered is from the UW line.
    I have a list of all G1 characters that have been released in CHUG form. You can find it here. Please feel free to let me know if I got anything wrong so I can fix it.

Since TakaraTomy are already releasing the next two regular ones as limited release exclusives (Guardian & Grand Convoy), maybe they don't see the combiners as popular enough to do more than the regular Hasbro ones.

More photos of the Gen2 Menasor set, comparing them to the original Gen2 Stunticons... which is pretty amazing to look at.

It feels like a BotCon set, and I think that if Hasbro didn't do this set, FunPub would have.

Quote Originally Posted by DELTAprime View Post
    I wonder what the chances are of Takara Tomy version of G2 Superion and G2 Menasor? I'd like to pick up these guys but every other Combiner set I've ordered is from the UW line.
    I am in the same boat but I am leaning towards griffin's thinking. I'll hopefully buy the G2 sets soon.
    "I am not a gun. I'm hitting people with a hammer. On Mars."
    The Iron Giant / David Wildgoose

For anyone wanting more of the original (garish) Gen2 Stunticons, a gallery of photos have been released by the person who sold a set last year under controversial circumstances (they described it as the only one, but obviously with this set, they have more than one set).
    The toys don't have any stickers, and the purple Menasor head is missing (they substituted it with a Gen1 black head for the combined photos).

The group shot of their vehicle modes is hard to look at.