Page 3 of 29 FirstFirst 123456781323 ... LastLast

Thread: MP Laserwave/Shockwave revealed

Woah, this is a nice surprise! Good job Takara

Quote Originally Posted by DarkHyren View Post
    And my desire to get a Quakewave has suddenly vanished.
    I hope there are no import issues, what with his alt mode being a gun and our government being made up by morons
    He looks more like a purple hairdryer than a gun, I think we'll be fine.
    "The Decepticons keep bad company - each other!" - Jazz, G2

Quote Originally Posted by tinyJazz View Post
    Woah, this is a nice surprise! Good job Takara

He looks more like a purple hairdryer than a gun, I think we'll be fine.
    My wife has a purple hairdryer. I'll take a comparison pic with Quakewave later
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Quote Originally Posted by drifand View Post
    Since when there was going to be licensing issue with shockwave?
    Since forever, because the original Shockwave toy was actually a toy known as Astro Magnum or Galactic Man (affectionately referred to as "Shackwave") that was owned by another company called ToyCo (a company which still exists today). Evidently TakaraTOMY have managed to secure the rights for this toy's likeness from ToyCo, which is great news (I also wonder if they're now able to reissue G1 Laserwave). It doesn't necessarily mean that all other non-Takara moulds are necessarily available to Takara now though; it all depends. Takara have demonstrated a willingness to use non-Takara moulds when they obtain the rights to them; e.g. shortly after merging with Tomy (who owned the rights for Mechabot-1 (Omega Supreme) and whatever pre-TF Sky Lynx was called), TakaraTOMY reissued Omega Supreme and Sky Lynx.

The Valkyrie VF1S (Jetfire) design is still owned by Big West, and of course, the Macross franchise is still recent/current. IIRC even the original G1 Jetfire toy was never released in Japan. I wouldn't hold much breath for reissues of other non-Takara moulds of TFs that were never released in Japan or ever appeared in Japanese canon; e.g. Deluxe Autobots, Deluxe Insecticons etc. (as much as I would really love to see these toys be reissued; especially the Deluxe Insecticons which were never released in Australia).

Wow I've been having a crappy day till now, very exciting news. Have never owned the original Shockwave so this is brilliant. Can I also say that paint of Tracks in the background looks absolutely magnificent.

You heard it here first!! (Post #222)http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showth...=14925&page=23

Great news for the fandom.
    I still function.....................while killing threads. ;-)

Oh happy day. I like the cartoony proportions of the upper torso, less static than Quakewave.
    Seeking the Following:
    - CW Brawl
    - Earthrise Runabout
    - Earthrise Thrust

drifand is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Since forever, because the original Shockwave toy was actually a toy known as Astro Magnum or Galactic Man (affectionately referred to as "Shackwave") that was owned by another company called ToyCo (a company which still exists today). Evidently TakaraTOMY have managed to secure the rights for this toy's likeness from ToyCo, which is great news (I also wonder if they're now able to reissue G1 Laserwave). It doesn't necessarily mean that all other non-Takara moulds are necessarily available to Takara now though; it all depends. Takara have demonstrated a willingness to use non-Takara moulds when they obtain the rights to them; e.g. shortly after merging with Tomy (who owned the rights for Mechabot-1 (Omega Supreme) and whatever pre-TF Sky Lynx was called), TakaraTOMY reissued Omega Supreme and Sky Lynx.

The Valkyrie VF1S (Jetfire) design is still owned by Big West, and of course, the Macross franchise is still recent/current. IIRC even the original G1 Jetfire toy was never released in Japan. I wouldn't hold much breath for reissues of other non-Takara moulds of TFs that were never released in Japan or ever appeared in Japanese canon; e.g. Deluxe Autobots, Deluxe Insecticons etc. (as much as I would really love to see these toys be reissued; especially the Deluxe Insecticons which were never released in Australia).
    Interesting I never thought shockwave is still owned when a cartoon was already made I would have thought a law suit would have surfaced.

As for VF 1s, I hope takara Knows this was stupid as it looks nothing like jetfire or sky fire.. They should not make those toys again.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Takara have demonstrated a willingness to use non-Takara moulds when they obtain the rights to them; e.g. shortly after merging with Tomy (who owned the rights for Mechabot-1 (Omega Supreme) and whatever pre-TF Sky Lynx was called), TakaraTOMY reissued Omega Supreme and Sky Lynx.
    IIRC there was no pre-TF Sky Lynx. The project was still in development stages when Takara/Hasbro secured the rights. I think the project was called Dino Shuttle, but it was never the toy's actual name.
    Which brings us to where we are today...

Which brings us to where we are today...

drifand is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Pretty sure if someone managed to pan a bit more we will see galvatron lol