Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Diaclone Reboot Dia Battles V2 colour photos

Quote Originally Posted by kurdt_the_goat View Post
    He doesn't seem to have sold too well though and doesn't seem to have many people interested. TT seem to have gone silent on it too with no hint of any other releases yet
    I do want one myself, but it's a case of bad timing...I'm not sure how much longer I'll have a job here for, and if I pick it up and don't manage to sort a new job then it'll be money I need more urgently, plus another large-ish box for me to have to ship back to Oz.
    For something that's not a priority so much as a 'that-looks-cool', it's a pass for now, and an "I-hope-I-find-a-cheap-second-hand-one-sometime" for the future.
    I'm also a bit disappointed about the size - he's too small to work with my existing 'human'-y figures (mostly the Human Alliance scouts), or even the smaller Masterpiece scale. Fair enough, it works with the old Diaclone figures (and the cost would have been pretty horrible if it had been MP-compatible size), but it won't work with the Diaclone MP Ultra Magnus repaint.

Shame, 'cos it looks pretty cleverly-designed and fun.

Nice review Kurdt. I saw this guy in a shop and was checking out the box. It did feel a bit light, and after whats been said about the size, I am a bit torn. I kind of want one, but avoided it because I thought he'd be too big. But now I know he wouldn't, I feel its a bit pricey.

Hopefully I can pick up a cheap one later.

I really want some diaclone pilots too. I do hope they continue on. If they started with a cheaper toy, I'd deffos be up for snaggin one!

drifand is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

I think this piece clearly fits into the "only if" catgeory. And unless you have an attachment to it, it does not scream "You need to have one". Afraid this is one of those TT "test" projects like the initial Masterpiece "brave" toys.

Reposting some pics by Maz. Price aside, this really does look really great!

drifand is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Nice poses!
    Is overall very plastic for me for that price point. However, I actually feel it looks better finished than a Masterpiece TF at this point.

I might get it if there is a sale on this piece.

Yeah colour wise, he's got a lot more going on than MP Transformers - i mean that's mostly by source material design, so not exactly a fault of them. But for the amount of colour he's got and how it's broken up, it really manages to look very visually interesting all over, and in all modes. That said, even the subdued colour on the moonbase version looks great too. Probably a factor of the extensive moulded detail, again quite different from MPs of late.

Smint is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

I'll get one on sale. The articulation and detail did it for me. I'm not even a fan nor am i familiar with diaclone toys.

Yay, something smaller and hopefully not so expensive! Few more pics on Dengeki Hobby website

And from DrillBit on TFW...
    Apparently some demo variants of Dia-Battles v2 that may or may not come out

More wallet hurt incoming
    Last edited by kurdt_the_goat; 9th June 2016 at 03:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kurdt_the_goat View Post
    ...and hopefully not so expensive!
    Yeah, price is definitely the downfall of Diabattles, and while it is a really fun figure, had I not gotten it on sale I would not have gotten it at all!

So this is a proper new line then? Pretty awesome.

And Machine Robo too? I wonder how far off deulxe Rocklords are?