Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: The Universal Counting Method

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    It all boils down to intent. If you modify a toy with the intention that it won't be the same character afterwards, then it is no longer that same toy-character.

That's how I see it anyway... again, if you think that's too ambiguous and would rather see this issue put the poll then I'll go ahead and do it.
    I think once we start introducing notions of subjective intent into the UCM it loses its authority as an unambiguous guide to what is or is not countable as a TF. I think a vote on whether to include/exclude kitbashes under Articles 1 and/or 10 would be worthwhile.

Perhaps we need to have a catch-all clause for future unresolved issues. Something like "A toy counts until an article specifically excludes it". I think a fair cautionary principle should let us include things in cases of doubt, rather than exclude them.

There might also be some scope to edit the presentation of the Articles into "What Counts" and What Doesn't Count", since at the moment they're all kind of mixed in together. This doesn't change the content, just the presentation. I've had a go preliminary draft effort here.
    SofaMan - Occasionally Battling Evil with his Mighty Powers of Indolence

I believe custom repaints have to count... although the chopped up and silly puttied stuff where you're not really looking at an actual TF anymore wouldn't count.

Eagerly waiting for Masterpiece Meister

Erm I thought that custom repaints dont count . Thats why I havent included the custom seeker paintjob done for me by Stencilator. Also that of the custom Ironhide/ratchet repainted from a energon Towline. As far as I understood from reading the UCM guide it's what Gok explained a few replies back on the intent of changing it as its not an official variation done by the company (HasTakTom) thereby nullifying it as an official TF even thought the base toy is an official TF - hence seeker Classic Starscream repainted to Thundercracker - does not count. This was how I know/understood it for 2 years since reading it ( viewing at youtube as well)
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

Okay, I'm gonna be polling this.

So many polls...

North Melbourne-bot...?

Poll for counting customs <--continue debate here and cast your votes.

Targetmasters count? (Is a Targetmaster a "nebulan"?)

A Targetmaster is a Transformer whose gun can transform into a humanoid. In Anglophone continuity the gun component is called a Nebulan whereas in Japanese continuity they're Master robots - toywise they're the same thing. So let's take Kup and Recoil for example - Kup is a Targetmaster and Recoil is his Nebulan partner.

As far as the UCM is concerned, the Targetmaster Transformer (e.g.: Kup) counts but the Nebulan partner (e.g.: Recoil) does not count. So if you have Targetmaster Kup, with or without Recoil, it counts as 1.

Click here to learn more about Nebulans.

Article 20 has been added to the Universal Counting Method - see Post #1 on page 1.

I wanted to update my collection count to the UCM but there's only one thing that I need to clarify. Does a Targetmaster's partner count separately? I.e. Hot Rod = 1 Transformer and Firebolt = 1 Transformers for a total of 2 Transformers?