Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: The Universal Counting Method

Targetmaster partners don't count separately under the UCM.

Eagerly waiting for Masterpiece Meister

Cool, thanks dirge.

I can see why we may need to have a UCM if we ever need to gather statistics and do a normalised comparison around the world but it ill never be perfect.

But who really cares what the numbers show anyways?
    I mean what is it really designed to measure anyways? your pen*s size? your wallet size? how hardcore a collector you are?

fark that, a guy who spends his whole life collecting hundreds of multiples of just the Spike headmaster or a person who collects only diaclone/microman pre-transformers will have a collection of 0 under the UCM but they are just as devoted and enthusiastic (and even crazy) about transformers as the guy who has 2,000 TFs under the UCM....

In the end we should all be focussing instead on what we are here for in the first place... To discuss, support, promote, celebrate and encourage one another under our mutual fondness for Transformers.

ok, thats enough from me... back to work so i can pay for my TF addiction...

Quote Originally Posted by bruticus View Post
    I can see why we may need to have a UCM if we ever need to gather statistics and do a normalised comparison around the world but it ill never be perfect.
    Yeah, that's really the point of it. The whole point of something like this is purely to allow a statistical analysis of collection size. It's not about what you can/can't count, rather a method of direct comparison.

But who really cares what the numbers show anyways?
    I mean what is it really designed to measure anyways? your pen*s size? your wallet size? how hardcore a collector you are?
    Yeah for some reason there are fans who try to prove their worth through collection sizes, though. And then arguments arise about what people count... something I've never understood.

I don't advertise how big my collection is (or isn't!), because it's a personal thing. I don't feel the need to have a bigger collection than anyone else, or the need to catch up to anyone else. I enjoy my hobby and that's the point. Check my profile for a false count of my collection

Eagerly waiting for Masterpiece Meister

Quote Originally Posted by dirge View Post
    Yeah, that's really the point of it. The whole point of something like this is purely to allow a statistical analysis of collection size. It's not about what you can/can't count, rather a method of direct comparison.

Yeah for some reason there are fans who try to prove their worth through collection sizes, though. And then arguments arise about what people count... something I've never understood.

I don't advertise how big my collection is (or isn't!), because it's a personal thing. I don't feel the need to have a bigger collection than anyone else, or the need to catch up to anyone else. I enjoy my hobby and that's the point. Check my profile for a false count of my collection

you only have 7???
    wow, im so ahead of you :P

Someone PMed me this question, but since it contains nothing personal I'll answer it publicly. I've omitted the user's name should s/he wish to remain anonymous. I've also replaced the name of the toy with the name "MacGuffin" and the name of the part in question with the name "Maynard" to further protect his/her privacy.

Hello, I managed to fix my MacGuffin toy. But throughout the standards of the transformers counting method, would my MacGuffin still count as a transformer in the counting law? All that has happened to it was that the Maynard had fallen in to the leg due to worn glue from the past, and the second time from my first repair was the same thing except I accidently applied pressure there so it fell in again.
    Article 19 states:

Quote Originally Posted by UCM
    * ARTICLE 19: Only Transformers in C-6 condition or above count
    i.e.: junkers don't count but anything that's not a junker counts.
    So just use your common sense judgement here. If you don't think of the toy as a junker, then count it.

I've editted Article08 to clarify that Mighty Muggs don't count. I've also made what I see as a correction - Be@rbricks were previously in Article12 which meant that they count, but I think that if other PVCs, Mighty Muggs, Robot Heroes etc. don't count then I don't see why Be@rbricks should, so I've put them into Article08.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Someone PMed me this question, but since it contains nothing personal I'll answer it publicly. I've omitted the user's name should s/he wish to remain anonymous. I've also replaced the name of the toy with the name "MacGuffin" and the name of the part in question with the name "Maynard" to further protect his/her privacy.

Article 19 states:

So just use your common sense judgement here. If you don't think of the toy as a junker, then count it.
    Wow so if a toy is body complete and not broken, it still counts and so do customs.

Quote Originally Posted by blackoptimus
    Wow so if a toy is body complete and not broken, it still counts and so do customs.
    Yes. Not all customs count though. See Article20.

I really have no idea how many TF I have in my collection.... all I know is I have a lot... and mostly still MISB and MIB. Only started taking them out of their box to display last year....