Page 10 of 21 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141520 ... LastLast

Thread: New Titan Returns figures revealed!

Quote Originally Posted by TAAUBlaster View Post
    God I'll be glad when Toyfair is over, so hopefully we can stop dicking about with these PITA "half shot" leaks.
    I know! If you're gonna leak, you might as well do a full reveal rather than half-ass it!

Quote Originally Posted by M-bot View Post
    I'm not sure I get the point of a deluxe Brainstorm so soon after the (very good) voyager version?

I mean, we got 2 Ultra Magnuses in a year, but MP & Generations are two very disparate lines, so it was understandable. But this? And it's just a remould of something coming out around the same time.
    Hasbro likes money, and what better way to get some than via a retool?

That said, I always wanted a G1 Brain Storm and didn't get the most recent one, so I might get this.

And that's what the bean counters are counting on!

It depends on you opinion of Voyager Brainstorm. I find him to an be oversized and simplistic toy, who doesn't scale well with any of the other toys I like to display him with, so even though this new Brainstorm is a Blurr retool, I'm interested.

Hell yeah for Astrotrain (only in cartoon colours). The new Galvatron was really giving me a tough one with the 3-pack with the deluxe moulds, but this looks really good. Octane please.

I'll skip Brainstorm though. As good as he looks so far, I already have MTMTE Generations Brainstorm.
    Seeking the Following:
    - CW Brawl
    - Earthrise Runabout
    - Earthrise Thrust

Quote Originally Posted by M-bot View Post
    I'm not sure I get the point of a deluxe Brainstorm so soon after the (very good) voyager version?

I mean, we got 2 Ultra Magnuses in a year, but MP & Generations are two very disparate lines, so it was understandable. But this? And it's just a remould of something coming out around the same time.
    Dunno - maybe the designers came up with 2 different Brainstorm toys and both were too good to ditch so Hasbro decided to release both, just a couple of years apart.

That is total speculation on my part though . I'd just be happy with a commemorative reissue of the G1 ones as Highbrow and Skullcruncher are the only ones i have - they are just too expensive on the secondary market now to justify buying

I might grab this Brainstorm for kicks. Very happy with FP Smart Robin, and agree that the Voyager version was too simplistic (plus wasn't there an issue with the head connection getting stuck?).

変われ! ヘッドマスター! Kaware! Headmaster!
    戦え! ヘッドマスター! Tatakae! Headmaster!

Headmaster = uncontrollable urge to purchase
    So I have G1, FP, Toy World, Generations and will add Titans Return to my list of Brainstorms

Some artwork reveals from Hasbro Pulse:

You'd think it was a reveal by ZMultiplier given how small the pics are...

Edit: Bigger shot of Hardhead (at least the top half):

Edit 2: DaimChoc's done a blow up job:

And Scourge rockin' that 'stache!:

From Hasbro's Toyfair 2016 investor and press event (via TFW):

Comparison of Fort Max vs Metroplex (via DaimChoc):

Wow

The TR artwork looks awesome! And Max is looking amazing. Seems like a lot of retooling going on there too. The moths in my wallet are going to get a workout again this year I think

[EDIT] What's Backflip Studios?

Backflip is a mobile game developer, so there's probably going to be a tie-in game somewhere.

Yeah, I was hoping to give my bank account a rest, but it looks like some really nice stuff is coming out!

And having not had the opportunity to have any Headmaster toys growing up, this is tempting as hell!