Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My introduction to these boards as a new member

Default My introduction to these boards as a new member

Hello to all fellow forum members. My name is John and I just registered as a member of these forums a few days ago.

It's the strangest thing really. I haven't bought anything Transformers related since the early nineties and within the past few days I've already spent a few hundred dollars on vintage toys. It was also a few days ago that I got out my old collection of G1 and G2 toys and decided what to keep, what to potentially keep aside to sell later on, and what I aspire to own in the future.

For myself personally 2008 has been a strange year. I recently graduated from Uni at the end of 2007 and haven't had a clear idea as to what I want to do with my life. After working at various places this year in the Hospitality industry (which is completely unrelated to my Uni qualifications) I've decided that I will probably be going back to Uni next year to do a graduate diploma, since another three year degree seems a little out of the question.

What do I collect besides Transformers? (I guess I do collect them again now) I have a large assortment of vintage and new Star Wars figures (except anything to do with Episode II and III which I hate), a few hundred 2000AD Magazines and assorted Judge Dredd material, a few hundred Star Wars comics. I'm a fan of the band Devo, Nintendo, and I like to read occult fiction by authors such as H.P Lovecraft.

My latest Transformer-related acquisition is a complete G1 Jetfire based off of the design of the Macross VF-1J (thank you ebay).

If anyone else has any similar interests to myself then please don't hesitate to give me a buzz.

Hi Eruntalon...

nice to have you on board... go along to one of the Melb(VIC) meets... think there's a few similar interests there

Welcome

Quote Originally Posted by Eruntalon View Post
    I haven't bought anything Transformers related since the early nineties and within the past few days I've already spent a few hundred dollars on vintage toys.
    That's a bad habit but there's many on this board who've done the same thing

welcome welcome and welcome

Quote Originally Posted by Eruntalon
    My latest Transformer-related acquisition is a complete G1 Jetfire based off of the design of the Macross VF-1J
    You mean VF-1S.

VF-1J Valyrie

VF-1S Valkyrie

Jetfire

Btw, how you pronounce "Eruntalon"? I'm curious to know if the "E" is pronounced as /e/ (like "e" as in "egg") or as /i/ (like "e" as in "eBay") and if the "U" is pronounced as /u/ (like "u" as in "full") or as /a/ (like "u" as in "run").

Welcome mate. i must admit i enjoy the macross toys as much as TF's and ive also speant way to much money on them since joining here :P

I think Kawamori Shouji's reputation has somewhat been diminished in the eyes of some TF collectors since his arguably disappointing work on Masterpiece Starscream. :/

Welcome Aboard!!!

hey welcome to the board.

MV75 is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by Eruntalon View Post
    Hello to all fellow forum members. My name is John and I just registered as a member of these forums a few days ago.

It's the strangest thing really. I haven't bought anything Transformers related since the early nineties and within the past few days I've already spent a few hundred dollars on vintage toys. It was also a few days ago that I got out my old collection of G1 and G2 toys and decided what to keep, what to potentially keep aside to sell later on, and what I aspire to own in the future.

For myself personally 2008 has been a strange year. I recently graduated from Uni at the end of 2007 and haven't had a clear idea as to what I want to do with my life. After working at various places this year in the Hospitality industry (which is completely unrelated to my Uni qualifications) I've decided that I will probably be going back to Uni next year to do a graduate diploma, since another three year degree seems a little out of the question.

What do I collect besides Transformers? (I guess I do collect them again now) I have a large assortment of vintage and new Star Wars figures (except anything to do with Episode II and III which I hate), a few hundred 2000AD Magazines and assorted Judge Dredd material, a few hundred Star Wars comics. I'm a fan of the band Devo, Nintendo, and I like to read occult fiction by authors such as H.P Lovecraft.

My latest Transformer-related acquisition is a complete G1 Jetfire based off of the design of the Macross VF-1J (thank you ebay).

If anyone else has any similar interests to myself then please don't hesitate to give me a buzz.
    Oh, let me know what toys you decide not to keep.

Jetfire is awesome, I only got just the jet, but I love it. It's actually the bandai toy that was licensed to hasbro back in the day, so yea, it IS a valkerie.

If you want to get involved more with it, there's a few macross threads in the non-transformers section. Bandai have just re-released that jetfire mould too.
    Code:
    O o 
      _
     / --------------------------------
    |      IMMA FIRIN MA LAZAR!!!
     \_--------------------------------