Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Unite Warriors Grand Galvatron (Galvatronus)

I also like this version of Cyclonus's colours, In fact the only one I don't like so much is Ghost Starscream due to his big yellow connector peg. Obviously they could not make this transparent, but I wish they had put some kind of paint aps on it to break it up a bit.

This set is pretty tempting, but I'll be waiting until they go on sale cheap down the track

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Zed View Post
    I also like this version of Cyclonus's colours, In fact the only one I don't like so much is Ghost Starscream due to his big yellow connector peg. Obviously they could not make this transparent, but I wish they had put some kind of paint aps on it to break it up a bit.
    The yellow canopy peg is rather cleverly done as the chest canopy though, I'll give them that! Thrust is really nice, Wandering Roller though..... Is he dead in IDW or something?

Those vehicle modes of Scourge really showed me how badly the bot mode hangs off the bottom of the het. Also, surprised they didn't make a Zombie Cliffjumper, rather than Breakdown, as iirc, Breakdown was controlled by that guy rather than actually being a Zombie.

Quote Originally Posted by MEEEGGGAAATTTRRROOONNN!!! View Post
    Damnit! For some reason I like this guy, but i'm not sure if my bank account can take the hit...
    Place an order with a pay later online store such as HLJ.com.
    April 30th is quite a while away, a little each month will see you home

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    Release date - April 30th
    Price - 16,200yen

It's like the 2003-2005 Universe series, with characters plucked from different eras into the one series.

They got the colours spot on for Thust, as it really gives the visual feel of that toy.
    War Breakdown looks like something FunPub would do for BotCon.
    The colours for Cyclonus just don't look/feel right.
    I actually thought the Rook redeco was Armada Hoist from the smaller images at the start of this news topic... and Roller as yet another evil reformatted and brainwashed Unicron pawn (like Nemesis Prime and the four horsemen of Armada) is unnecessary. With the unusual choices for the rest of the team, why make this an evil Roller?

One nice touch they did (in addition to the nice looking Starscream) is colouring the two parts of Cyclonus' gun orange and purple to look like Gen1 Galvatron's cannon... which Hasbro should have done with their Cyclonus/Galvatronus.
    I thought Cyclonus had a great paint scheme, maybe only because Hasbro's colours were pretty bad. He looks nice and accurate, less out of place.
    Seeking the Following:
    - CW Brawl
    - Earthrise Runabout
    - Earthrise Thrust

Quote Originally Posted by Sinnertwin View Post
    Place an order with a pay later online store such as HLJ.com.
    April 30th is quite a while away, a little each month will see you home
    Yeah, but PC has their early bird preorders for a pretty unbeatable price...

Decisions, decisions...

Just weighing in here, as someone who loves this set, I still don't think Cyclonus' colour scheme is as good as the Hasbro version. That's because the Hasbro version is such a glorious shade of purple it's difficult to imagine anything equalling it. It's the same people as my Galvatron General and that's awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by MEEEGGGAAATTTRRROOONNN!!! View Post
    Yeah, but PC has their early bird preorders for a pretty unbeatable price...

Decisions, decisions...
    No doubt that they do, I'm just not a fan of giving somebody my money and waiting for 5 months.
    Tough call indeed

This is another TakTom Mall exclusive so HLJ will likely not stock it, but some of the other sites will. Apparently it will get an Asian market release, so speculation goes.

Quote Originally Posted by Zommael View Post
    Just weighing in here, as someone who loves this set, I still don't think Cyclonus' colour scheme is as good as the Hasbro version. That's because the Hasbro version is such a glorious shade of purple it's difficult to imagine anything equalling it. It's the same people as my Galvatron General and that's awesome.
    Hasbro's colours are G1 toy-accurate, whereas TakaraTOMY's are G1 cartoon-accurate. But yes, toy-accurate colours are superior (although I'm personally not interested in the mould). Interestingly enough, the Galvatron(us) gestalt torso has G1 toy-accurate colours (whereas the Hasbro version went for cartoon-colours).

It's a shame that they don't sell these figures individually, cos Roller's the only one that interests me. Ah well.