Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Wall-E Movie

Default Wall-E Movie

couldn't find a thread anywhere for this so time to start one considering there's been plenty of talk around the boards about this.

Anyway i have just got back from the cinemas from seeing Wall-E and absolutely loved it i reckon it could possibly be the best movie of the year it was soooo good and i loved it how there was cartoon before the movie which was awesome as well!!! but yeah awesome movie highly recommend it and might have to see it again!!!

+3!

Yeah, a fine return to form after their last few offerings...

I actually enjoyed it alot
    Which brings us to where we are today...

Me go watch a childrens movie? No!

Although i did enjoy toy story.

Quote Originally Posted by roller View Post

so your not going to go watch a children's movie yet you collect children's toys hmmmm...

Quote Originally Posted by roller View Post

The awesome thing about Pixar is that they put something in thier films for all ages, and there aweomse storytellers. Damn!

The two most awesome things about Pixar are that they put something in thier films for all ages and areaweomse storytellers and they have amazing animation.

The three most awesom things about Pixar are they put something in thier films for all ages, aweomse storytelling..... etc etc you know the drill.

And yes I saw Wall-E and it was excellant, Once again Pixar hit new heights.

Personally it was my favourite Pixar film to date, edging out Monsters Inc and the Incredibles.
    The visuals are fantastic, I'll need another half a dozen viewings to catch them all. While Ratatouille seemed to rest on it's laurels visually wise, Wall-E works wonders with new Particle generators, heat effects/ haze effects and a very pretty and (very obviously used to show off) flame effect. I believe Pixar also had to create all new rigging systems too.

Characters are charismatic, I doubt anyone will be forgetting Wall-E, Eve or Mo any time soon, the Va work was top notch, even the bleeps and bloops of the automatons is expressive and easily understandable. The lack of dialogue does not hurt the film at all, and while it may not sit well with some younger viewers, the comedy in the first half will keep them very entertained.

Loved the references to other very well known Sci Fi movies, although I was the only one in the group I saw it with who got them, as they had not seen the Sci Fi movie. Again, like all Pixar films, there are plenty of jokes for the young, for the old, and for everyone.

The animated short beforehand was very entertaining, and again visually very solid.

Only regret is that the film feels short, it runs for about 90 minutes but the film just zips along, it's just that good and engrossing.
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

MV75 is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Just saw the movie. It's great.

I only go to the cinema on average once a year, this movie was totally worth it.

Also unlike most movies that I see, I go "it's good, I liked it", but I never have the compulson to watch them again. This movie I would like to see again.

This is also a movie that sort of just came out of nowhere to me. I remember seeing some shorts of it earlier this year, then nothing. I thought it had its run and was done, but no, they then announced it coming to cinemas not too long ago, and last week, we decided to go see it today. So glad I did.
    Code:
    O o 
      _
     / --------------------------------
    |      IMMA FIRIN MA LAZAR!!!
     \_--------------------------------

I've seen it at the cinema with my boys... so i'm trying to hunt down a good torrent version. Anyone? PM me

it's not feasible to watch it again with the upcoming school holidays, it would be crazy!

I find the 6-9pm sessions on a Sunday evening to be the best time to watch movies almost any time of the year, especially in school holidays... even Batman 4 days after it's release was 1/2 empty on the Sunday 7.30pm session...
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)