Page 17 of 20 FirstFirst ... 71213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: High resolution images of upcoming 25th Anniv/Animated figures

Pulse is offline Rank 1 - New or Inactive

Goddamn I can't wait 'til these guys get released in Nov/Dec... *drools all over keyboard*

Is it just me, or is Cyclonus' nosecone telescoping into his chest for transformation? The figure itself (colours aside) is still looking great IMO, virtually kibble-less and G1 accurate in both modes.

Yeah the mold is fantastic.

I have a feeling that he nosecone folds down and is encased within a gap on his back.

MV75 is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

http://www.tfclub.com/art/20081013192211_9957.html

Inferno is just perfect. Such a great looking figure. I have no complaints about this one at all, it's the rare masterpiece amongst a collection of crap (relativly speaking).

Oh yea, hound actually looks really good, but I just don't like the look of the vehicle. I'll only be getting it for ravage, so I'll be giving the hound away. So watch for it.
    Code:
    O o 
      _
     / --------------------------------
    |      IMMA FIRIN MA LAZAR!!!
     \_--------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    As I understand it there are different trademark laws for different fields and areas, in this case, toy trademarks. So not being able to use the name "Bombshell" means that someone has acquired that name for a toyline. That's my current understanding of it anyway. *shrug*
    In Bombshell's case, yes. But you had asked me about why certain words could be trademarked while others (such as Jazz) couldn't, and that's the most basic reason I could give.

Hasbro calls a flat-bed military truck "Mega-Octane" and a toy based on G1 Octane "Tankor." :/ IMO it should've been the other way around... the name "Tankor" would've been much better for the RiD version of Dolrailer (because "Mega-Octane" just didn't make sense for that toy considering his alt mode) and "Mega-Octane" would've suited Universe Tankor. Had they called it "Mega-Octane" I probably would've bought the Hasbro version, but I've decided to boycott it based on the naming thing... I personally don't care about the chrome thing on that toy but I refuse to buy a toy that's meant to be Octane but called something completely different. Even if they called it "Oktane" or "Octotane" ... something attempting to preserve the Octane name in some fashion. :/ Or heck, use his Japanese name and call him "Octone" (like what they did with Alternators and used Jazz's Japanese name (Meister)).
    Those alternatives sound pretty stupid, as does Octone. That means wasting money on a trademark that sounds stupid.

There was some speculation that Mega Octane was originally Scourge's trademark but was possibly swapped around with the Onslaught redeco. Mega Octane's trademark has most likely lapsed, as (to my knowledge), it was last used in 2003.

Boycotting toys that you can just rename yourself is too Serious Business for my taste
    http://www.tfwiki.net, the Transformers Wiki - Serious intellectual discussion about transforming space robots.

MV75 is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Boycotting toys that you can just rename yourself is too Serious Business for my taste
    I reckon. I boycott due to how crap it looks.
    Code:
    O o 
      _
     / --------------------------------
    |      IMMA FIRIN MA LAZAR!!!
     \_--------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by MV75 View Post
    I boycott due to how crap it looks.
    Good one

I don't go as far as boycotting when it comes to badly named figures but it does annoy me when it happens.

What prevents me from buying is precisely what MV75 said with a few exceptions.

Quote Originally Posted by FFN
    Those alternatives sound pretty stupid, as does Octone. That means wasting money on a trademark that sounds stupid.
    As opposed to "Tankor" which just sounds so Challenge of the Gobots!

Cop-Tor
    Fi-Tor
    Tank-or
    ...5uXx-0rz

Quote Originally Posted by FFN
    There was some speculation that Mega Octane was originally Scourge's trademark but was possibly swapped around with the Onslaught redeco. Mega Octane's trademark has most likely lapsed, as (to my knowledge), it was last used in 2003.
    What was the Energon version of Super Link Onslaught called in 2004?

Hey, if you have to use a bad name (Tankor = Petrol Tanker Truck, is the reasoning I would think they had), might as well use one that doesn't cost you money

Energon Onslaught guy was named Barricade.
    http://www.tfwiki.net, the Transformers Wiki - Serious intellectual discussion about transforming space robots.

Quote Originally Posted by FFN View Post
    Those alternatives sound pretty stupid, as does Octone.
    I'm sorry but I have to disagree. Octone is certainly no less stupid that "Tankor", which is an awful name and always has been.

The fact is that Octone is far more relevant - being Octane's Japanese name - than Tankor. Especially when Hasbro has slapped that name on about 8 toys in the last decade.

I'm not saying Octone is fantastic, but it sounds much better than the now generic and cheesy Tankor.

Eagerly waiting for Masterpiece Meister