Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 81314151617181920 LastLast

Thread: High resolution images of upcoming 25th Anniv/Animated figures

Quote Originally Posted by kurdt_the_goat View Post
    Is it just me, or is Cyclonus' nosecone telescoping into his chest for transformation? The figure itself (colours aside) is still looking great IMO, virtually kibble-less and G1 accurate in both modes.
    Wow, first time i've seen this pic and Man i can't wait!

MV75 is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

http://www.hasbrotoyshop.com/Product...R=648&ID=23040
    http://www.hasbrotoyshop.com/Product...BR=97&ID=23041

Swindle and beachcomber on the hasbrotoyshop site.

I'm liking the look of swindles vehicle mode there. It's more mustard than the original, but it's a pretty great G1 tribute right there with the gun on top.

And beachcomber, I think there was some hate on it for some reason I dunno, but I like this new one, looks good to me. I like the rollcage, the gun on the roof and the whole buggy thing. Transformation and head look good to compared to the original.

EDIT: Oh yea, what Soundwarp said above, the actual toy looks great. If a transformer looks good from the back, then they've nailed it. I just question the colour choices, but the mould itself, very nice.
    Code:
    O o 
      _
     / --------------------------------
    |      IMMA FIRIN MA LAZAR!!!
     \_--------------------------------

Cyclonus's head definitely visibly makes up some of the nose cone, but the rest of it is nowhere to be found in robot mode. I think Kup is right in that it retracts under the cockpit somehow.

While I thought Inferno looked a bit blocky at first, I've now seen a video review and he is pretty awesome. I so prefer the Voyager class over Ultras. I think the three Ultras would have been superior in that class without electronics. Shame.

Swindle is awesome! But is he 25th anniversary?

MV75 is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Oh yea, swindle is animated.

Did you see my post further up on inferno with the link?

http://www.tfclub.com/art/20081013192211_9957.html

It looks so very good to me there. Just like jetfire was my clear favorite out of the first classics run, I think inferno is shaping up to be that figure again.

Oh yea, no mistake on the voyagers either. It's probably no coincidence that jetfire and inferno are voyagers.
    Code:
    O o 
      _
     / --------------------------------
    |      IMMA FIRIN MA LAZAR!!!
     \_--------------------------------

Colour me unimpressed with Inferno, the Fire engine ain't bad, but his legs go into his gut, and he sure has a lot of gut.

Maybe when I see the henkei version though...

Although I openly admit I'd more a Deluxe person.

Nuttin' wrong with a TF that has a rockin' beer gut, he can join Animated ratchet down the pub

Quote Originally Posted by dirge View Post
    I'm sorry but I have to disagree. Octone is certainly no less stupid that "Tankor", which is an awful name and always has been.

The fact is that Octone is far more relevant - being Octane's Japanese name - than Tankor. Especially when Hasbro has slapped that name on about 8 toys in the last decade.

I'm not saying Octone is fantastic, but it sounds much better than the now generic and cheesy Tankor.
    I'm more inclined to use english language trademarks of words that have been changed to sound more toyetic than engrish of western words, or japanese pronounciation of western words.
    http://www.tfwiki.net, the Transformers Wiki - Serious intellectual discussion about transforming space robots.

...as opposed to say "Kobushi" or "Banzaitron." (@_@)

Quote Originally Posted by FFN View Post
    I'm more inclined to use english language trademarks of words that have been changed to sound more toyetic than engrish of western words, or japanese pronounciation of western words.
    Fair enough. I don't especially care if Japanese - or Engrish - names are given, myself, but I do hate the lazy naming we see sometimes, and Tankor is a great example of it. I'd hate it just as much if Meister was slapped on a plethora of differering toys by Hasbro (or TT, for that matter).
    Last edited by dirge; 18th October 2008 at 09:55 AM.

Eagerly waiting for Masterpiece Meister

Pulse is offline Rank 1 - New or Inactive

This vid & pic review of Cyclonus and vid & pic review of Hound make me want them even more...