Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Popcultcha

Default Popcultcha

Purchased motormaster over the weekend haven't been contacted about a tracking number or whether it has shipped - which their automated confirmation email said should happen.

So I emailed them and the automated response says that they'll review it in 2 to 4 days.

I find that unsatisfactory.

Purchased on Nov1 -> shipping notice on Nov 10 -> received on Nov 17.
    All in all, ok for me.

Purchased an item (Legacy Thunder Megazord) on the 24th of January (a Friday), they shipped it on the 29th (a Wednesday) and it showed up today. Item was very well packed and I got numerous emails including tracking info. Happy with my first experience with this store.
    Looking to buy lucky draw Armada Prime and Diaclone Marlboor Wheeljack.

Didn’t know this thread existed. I have done about 50+ orders and have never had and issue other than Star Wars Vintage Collection figures arriving squashed all the time. Happy to send replacements though.

Yeah, I've used them a stack of times and always been happy with every aspect of their service.

Quote Originally Posted by Maruten View Post
    Yeah, I've used them a stack of times and always been happy with every aspect of their service.
    Same, dozens of orders over last couple years Stuff well packed. Bought 6" figres, big 1/4 NECA figures and one of them giant prop 1:1 gremlins and everything has always been well packed, sturdy boxes, shipping and yadda yadda always updates but I don't really pay attnention to as super reliable.

Literally the only online aussie stores I still use these days for toys.

Had a head of good discounts in their sales plus the rewards points I use every 2-3 months to get get a good deal.

I use Popcultcha as they don?t ask for full upfront preorder payments (for Hot Toys at least). There is no penalty for cancelling a preorder, other than the money being retained as store credit.

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Wiggum View Post
    I use Popcultcha as they don?t ask for full upfront preorder payments (for Hot Toys at least). There is no penalty for cancelling a preorder, other than the money being retained as store credit.
    they don't?
    Is that just for items over a certain price?
    When I've pre-ordered things the payment was in full. I usually wait till their merch is in stock.

Quote Originally Posted by Batfan007 View Post
    they don't?
    Is that just for items over a certain price?
    When I've pre-ordered things the payment was in full. I usually wait till their merch is in stock.
    Depends on what you?re purchasing I suppose. A quick check shows small items like pop vinyls are preordered in full, whilst more pricey stuff (like Hot Toys) which are several hundred dollars have a preorder option of $100 deposit.

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Wiggum View Post
    Depends on what you?re purchasing I suppose. A quick check shows small items like pop vinyls are preordered in full, whilst more pricey stuff (like Hot Toys) which are several hundred dollars have a preorder option of $100 deposit.
    Thanks for explaining. I looked up random pricey thing...."Batman statue" and yes that is the case for items of a certain amount. I don't know what amount, but at least I can see that option there now. It still does not let you layby or afterpay any pre-order stuff also, which is the other thing I was looking at.
    Probably a sensible thing to avoid issues if an item is cancelled etc.

-

Got a box of stuff in this week from Popculture, some ML. Pop C in one of the few places I still trust in oz online retail for collectibles.
    Big box was padded with smaller empty PopV boxes around it keeping everything pristine. I open everything and chuck most boxes but I will keep the x men combo box as it looks cool with the comics art on it.

Usual strong tape around the outside of box and 3 big flaps folded over flat - strong cardboard.