View Poll Results: JP MP-25 Tracks - worth buying?

Voters
33. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

26 78.79%
  • Only if...

3 9.09%
  • Not worth it

2 6.06%
  • Not even interested

2 6.06%
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Toy Review - JP MP-25 Masterpiece Tracks

Quote Originally Posted by drifand View Post
    Hopefully under $130 for a realistic TRU price.
    Given the price of the UW-01 Superion at $400? I doubt realistic is on the cards...

drifand is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by millhouse View Post
    Given the price of the UW-01 Superion at $400? I doubt realistic is on the cards...
    Well starscream was $150, so holding a bigger box and a smaller one, I don't see how Tracks can go higher?

Most of us are buying it under $110, so you must really love paying more if you choose to buy from TRU. Only difference is an English translated booklet.

Quote Originally Posted by Nevac View Post
    His transformation is fairly complex compared to recent MP's did anyone have trouble splitting the legs? Mine felt like they were glued together, my friend and I had to put a lot of force to split them. I looked up youtube vids to see if we were doing it right and they all split effortlessly. It was just 1 tab right at the end of the bonnet that was very hard to pull apart got it in the end but it was very tough.
    Yep, mine was the same. Absolutely terrified it was going to break. On mine, it was the friction tab right at the front of the bonnet/legs. Ridiculously tight. I'm going to shave mine down just a smidge.

Quote Originally Posted by BigTransformerTrev View Post
    Finally got to open him last night. My thoughts:

Robot Mode
    Certainly the best mode by far. A really great representation of how he looked in the cartoon. Great colours, well proportioned and articulated - only thing is his backpack looks quite hollow.
    Have to disagree with this. Robot mode has all that back kibble, hollowness and shoulders that don't peg in all that strongly, and the wings that tend to get in the way of the shoulder articulation. I think he'll look fine on display, but his robot mode is not as solid as, say, MP Sideswipe or Bumblebee.

On the other hand, the car mode is dead sexy. Almost as sweet as MP Bluestreak

M-Bot's Customs logo by M-bot2011

To follow M's Toy Customs of Facebook, visit: https://www.facebook.com/MsToyCustoms
    While you're there, click the "LIKE" button!

Had a chance to play with mine today. I agree that his upper half seems spindly compared to the more solid Sideswipe or Bluestreak, but so far mine is holding together well enough. I like the fact that the extra shoulder hinge from the transformation gives extra motion, allowing the two-handed pistol grip in Gok's photos.

Of course, the car is lovely I like the blue finish on the plastic.

Quote Originally Posted by Nevac View Post
    His transformation is fairly complex compared to recent MP's did anyone have trouble splitting the legs? Mine felt like they were glued together, my friend and I had to put a lot of force to split them. I looked up youtube vids to see if we were doing it right and they all split effortlessly. It was just 1 tab right at the end of the bonnet that was very hard to pull apart got it in the end but it was very tough.
    Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Yeah, separating the legs is tricky. I looked at the instructions which shows you where the connection points are, and I "jiggled" at those points. But yeah, it wasn't easy.
    Quote Originally Posted by M-bot View Post
    Yep, mine was the same. Absolutely terrified it was going to break. On mine, it was the friction tab right at the front of the bonnet/legs. Ridiculously tight. I'm going to shave mine down just a smidge.
    One trick I find helpful is to not pull the bonnet apart, but to twist it apart. What I do is hold the toy bonnet-side up in both hands, one hand on each side of the front of the car, and then turn my wrists out. The upper thigh swivels will turn inwards and the bonnet halves will pop apart.

Opened mine today.

and here are my thoughts.

Its over engineered for a car transformer mp. Ultra Magnus isn't as complicated for its size.

Ratchet joints are placed at wrong areas where I feel the feet will wear off and is probably the weakness in this toy.

The car doesn't feel that great and the pin at the window spoils the look.

IMO the toy is not worth if you paid over $90 for it. I am not going into shipping charges where some stores have abused it and took advantage of it when is actually same size box.

On the plus notes, the robot form is okay, I think the face should have matched what was shown on the box as the box shows Tracks face pretty good as compared to the toy product.

Someone fill me in, is this a different designer from Bluestreak, Wheeljack and Lambor? because I feel that the person may be trying a bit too hard and didn't simplify things where it should.

Yes/No to purchase? I can't say no if you collected this line for cars this far.
    But as a toy itself, I am a bit disappointed on how it is.

Opened mine today.

and here are my thoughts.

Its over engineered for a car transformer mp. Ultra Magnus isn't as complicated for its size.

Ratchet joints are placed at wrong areas where I feel the feet will wear off and is probably the weakness in this toy.

The car doesn't feel that great and the pin at the window spoils the look.

IMO the toy is not worth if you paid over $90 for it. I am not going into shipping charges where some stores have abused it and took advantage of it when is actually same size box.

On the plus notes, the robot form is okay, I think the face should have matched what was shown on the box as the box shows Tracks face pretty good as compared to the toy product.

Someone fill me in, is this a different designer from Bluestreak, Wheeljack and Lambor? because I feel that the person may be trying a bit too hard and didn't simplify things where it should.

Yes/No to purchase? I can't say no if you collected this line for cars this far.
    But as a toy itself, I am a bit disappointed on how it is.
    You know the box art is just a photo of the toy right? Unless they changed the mould somewhere along the line the faces are the same.

And yes, Bluestreak, Sideswipe and Wheeljack were designed by Shogo Hasui. It is believed that Hironori Kobayashi, the designer that did MP-9, did Tracks
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Quote Originally Posted by Trent View Post
    You know the box art is just a photo of the toy right? Unless they changed the mould somewhere along the line the faces are the same.
    Confirmed as correct

Quote Originally Posted by Trent View Post

And yes, Bluestreak, Sideswipe and Wheeljack were designed by Shogo Hasui. It is believed that Hironori Kobayashi, the designer that did MP-9, did Tracks
    Mp-9 no wonder is not great. < in honesty I think he should not be doing mps, but that's my opinion after having bad taste for mp-9 and Tracks felt awful in some ways, probably the only current car mp that I have to look at the instruction booklet. I see he may be involved in ironhide as well, so I guess is a lot of turning and flipping here and there.

Yeah I know is box art, the face on the instructions booklet my bad just looks better IMO .
    Not a deal breaker but somehow the expression doesn't look great for me.
    Last edited by drifand; 11th December 2015 at 09:51 AM.

Just got mine, gotta put this out there. Best MP to date.

They've nailed EVERYTHING
    The gimmicks do not ruin the design. The accessories are aplenty and also plenty relevant. Tracks looks outright gorgeous in both modes and they've added enough quirks in the transformation to avoid "Star Saber" syndrome.

Not a deal breaker but somehow the expression doesn't look great for me.
    Okay I agree, they nailed everything but this.

On the other hand, I just received my mp-12 sideswipe from jetfire in the sky and I think the paint job is way better than Tracks.

I like to see Road Rage now and see that beautiful hand gun.