Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast

Thread: WeiJiang's Oversized Evasion Prime

drifand is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

No chance to open yet but

1. The weight is noticeable

I am going to say TT has not brought any mp toy to the weight ratio aspect from the mp line since mp 1 and 4.

Hopefully I open it tomorrow

And opened.

First impressions

A lot of care is put into this product.
    The paint app is above TT mp line (sorry no offence to offical product)
    Colours pop
    Detail paint on face was carefully done though here is where I think it can be improved. Because is a Ko by enlargement the seriousness of the face declined slightly, but still overall great attempt, comparing to plain tracks unpainted head, this just gets a tick above it but not super wow which it can be.

Rubber Tyers lost art in TT line as people have the mentality that plastic is better or last forever. It brings the premium feel to the toy.

Weight distribution, while yes there is considerable amount of weight, I wished the legs had some metal in this case.

Hands, nothing to shout about as it didn't have individual fingers movement for such size, a bit let down here as this is on par with TT.

Elbow movement , bends more than typical 90 degrees which is a big tick.

I will comment more as I am yet to transform it.

However for its price at $140 and below delivered . It's not an over priced toy where some people have hit. If so, your mp is actually worth $10 in comparison for a car. Hate to say it, but this toy wowed me more than my mp-10.
    Sure there are a lot more room for improvement but this passes a lot where mp line just made it

Overall rating without transforming so far, 7.5 to 8 out of 10.
    If this was a TT licensed product at $200.00 I would still buy it.
    Though this is not my best figure, but it is probably one of the 2016 honourable mentions. If I were TT, I would make a deal with Weijiang for future premium movie toys or oversized MPs but of course we know that's not happening.

i don't need an autobot logo just to say who is this, the toy speaks for itself. I am sure the group of fans who missed binaltech standards will definately be happier with this piece as is what TT has lacked. The quality is good worthy.

This may be my one and only bayformers toy I will ever have.
    Last edited by drifand; 2nd March 2016 at 03:37 PM.

Smint is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Sounds good! All things considered it seems like a must buy.

Hands always tend to be simplified with KO's. They must be a pain to produce and assemble.

Quote Originally Posted by Smint View Post
    Sounds good! All things considered it seems like a must buy.

Hands always tend to be simplified with KO's. They must be a pain to produce and assemble.
    Please take note, I need to transform him to have a better review but if you like robot mode. He is truely rewarding.

Update

Truck mode.
    A bit tricky in folding arms in. Basically you need to rotate the arm to where the Windows will align.

Is still impress without the trailer but it gets criticism for the centre window piece.
    For me, a 6-7 out of 10 as it lacks a few bells and whistles in truck mode.

Recommendations?
    Well if you don't care about movie Optimus and don't like it regardless. By all means skip this.
    Those who know me, I hate bayformers movies. I never bought anything related to them. However I always wanted a well made movie prime and nobody brought a proper one to the table.

If you were one of those who enjoyed mp-1 and remembered how exciting it was opening it. This had the same effect for me. I am impressed by how well articulated he is and how well painted.

I played this toy more than my Magnus which I also liked.
    I won't say more as people can read from the beginning of this thread I turned this down. All I can say is I am glad I bought it.

There is a limited edition battle damaged version M01-d coming in June/July.
    The black marks on the heat sections of the weapons does not look right. Hopfully they get rid of that for the production release.

Source: http://www.elljay-hobby-collection.c...eijiang-m01-d/

Last edited by MechaPrime; 21st May 2016 at 11:34 PM.

Battle damage is nice IMO, but they needed to do a rusted version. Like full-on rusted for screen accuracy. This one is nice, but if you're after a Leader class Evasion OP, these colours are too bright for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Polursine View Post
    Battle damage is nice IMO, but they needed to do a rusted version. Like full-on rusted for screen accuracy. This one is nice, but if you're after a Leader class Evasion OP, these colours are too bright for you.
    They did...and it was a limited 1000-piece exclusive that sold out immediately.

I skipped it because it ended up being $240AUD.

Nemesis OS Evasion Prime

Same colours as the official Nemesis Evasion Prime. He'll look good with my MP-10B.

Quote Originally Posted by FruitBuyer View Post
    Nemesis OS Evasion Prime

Same colours as the official Nemesis Evasion Prime. He'll look good with my MP-10B.
    I saw on TFW. If he's at a decent price, I'll consider it. Not too sure but maybe.