Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456789 ... LastLast

Thread: WeiJiang's Oversized Evasion Prime

That thing is pretty amazing tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by drifand View Post
    Someone who bothered to redo the mould and improved material and more mobility just shows where takara Tomy lacked.
    Aww don't stick it to Tomy too much. I know this OSKO Evasion is fantastic for its price but remember include the freeride 3rd Party gets in your comparisons.

When 90% or more of the time to create it was spent by HasTak and WeiJang does not need to recoup those development costs you can see how WeiJang can afford to add all the rubber, diecast, paint, and mold additions AND come in at a low price. Thank HasTak for that.
    Last edited by Deonasis; 16th January 2016 at 09:02 AM.
    "I am not a gun. I'm hitting people with a hammer. On Mars."
    The Iron Giant / David Wildgoose

drifand is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by Deonasis View Post
    Aww don't stick it to Tomy too much. I know this OSKO Evasion is fantastic for its price but remember include the freeride 3rd Party gets in your comparisons.

When 90% or more of the time to create it was spent by HasTak and WeiJang does not need to recoup those development costs you can see how WeiJang can afford to add all the rubber, diecast, paint, and mold additions AND come in at a low price. Thank HasTak for that.
    My issue is there seems to be people who support an official low quality product.
    Trust me that I lowered my expectations for MPs by a huge margin and the minimum they could do was get the QC right which they keep failing.

When I hold sideswipe and next to tracks it clearly shows poor paint job on tracks. Look at your binaltech tracks blue.

I also agree on the scale cut back it pissed off quite a few people hence the support is here. What some people would consider a MPs

1. Bigger scale
    2. Painted not cut corners
    3. Diecast
    4. Rubber wheels which spells premium not cheap plastic.

I have avoided Ko tfs just for ethnic reason but frankly speaking it is wrong to keep supporting a bad product.

Crap takara should just sell tf masterpiece to bandai and let them make a proper premium product. My metal build is light years ahead in quality.

Megatran Guest

^ You don't have to lower your expectation for MPs. If you feel that strongly then vote with your wallet.

And there is no 'issue' with people buying TakaraTomy official product. You taking up issue with "people who support an officially lower quality product" is entirely your view. I don't share your view.

And why do I need to vote with my wallet when clearly we should expect a minimum standards with MPs? Is masterpiece supposed to be top of takara Tomy line or is this just some bullshit product just to cheat people's money?

Unless you clearly like the box then you obviously don't care about the toy.

My concern is people are indeed raving over a complete bad official product and is passing it off as a MPs standard. You do not need to agree. But I believe takara has dropped way below the line's standard. You may not have an issue, but it clearly shows people do not care about it. I put my hats off to the people who gave an honest review about tracks and road rage MPs and they were poor by standards. For either modes they were not enjoyable.

I want official product to stand above 3p not other way around.

This product here just shows, they can do it.

How low in quality are you willing to go?

How low are you willing to go?
    My point was that Takara can ofcourse make better painted and articulated figures but I'd expect their price to rise significantly as you added more icing to the cake. I see a price v quality trade-off and so does Takara obviously. Here, WeiJang have a premium figure selling for $130ish but they sell it without 90% of the figures development costs.

If we imagine that WeiJang created this premium Evasion OP from scratch from their own minds i would expect the cost to be $250-$300+. Too steep for many and maybe it would sell (and recoup) far less.

TLDR; Do not discount Takara's effort and market sensibility.
    "I am not a gun. I'm hitting people with a hammer. On Mars."
    The Iron Giant / David Wildgoose

Megatran Guest

And why do I need to vote with my wallet when clearly we should expect a minimum standards with MPs? Is masterpiece supposed to be top of takara Tomy line or is this just some bullshit product just to cheat people's money?

Unless you clearly like the box then you obviously don't care about the toy.

My concern is people are indeed raving over a complete bad official product and is passing it off as a MPs standard. You do not need to agree. But I believe takara has dropped way below the line's standard. You may not have an issue, but it clearly shows people do not care about it. I put my hats off to the people who gave an honest review about tracks and road rage MPs and they were poor by standards. For either modes they were not enjoyable.

I want official product to stand above 3p not other way around.

You keep posting the same old same old, over & over & over again across multiple threads. There's no need to spam the board. Your position is noted though clumsily executed.

Quit gettin' mad at toys

Quote Originally Posted by Ploughmans Lunch View Post
    Quit gettin' mad at toys
    Sure if you are paying for me, I just shut up.

I don't see why Ko should be the best toy out here? Do you?

Already preordered one a while back, the finishing quality on it looks amazing. I think it's an interesting and curious piece, tweaking and improving a Hasbro release.

Unrelated, not sure why Mp tracks is getting heat, mine was great in terms of quality and the intrinsic design. No complaints here.