Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: WeiJiang's Oversized Evasion Prime

Just received my Evasion Prime and heavens is he amazing. So big and imposing, quite possibly the best figure I own.

He has a paint job equal to the APS Ultimate Prime, amazing use of chrome and silver painting. The weapons he comes with are also really well done and work so well with him.

People that complain about the size are, quite frankly, being utterly absurd. Did you skip Titan Devastator because he was so much bigger than the rest of the combiners? Did you complain about MP-1 being "too big"? No because they are centerpiece figures just like this guy. This is more than 'just a KO', the amount of extra work that has gone into this guy and improvements would make you blush if you had this in real-life.

I look forward to other deco releases of him.

Quote Originally Posted by Lint View Post
    Consider it like being a loyal supporter your favourite sports team. Your 'tribe' if you will. Even though they're poorly managed at the moment and haven't won a premiership in decades you'll stick by them and keep supporting them by attending their matches in hope that one day they'll come good. In the meantime all you're left with is cranky critique of the team's performance, rattle on about how you think they could do better and insist that if they just did everything you said to the ltter they could be the new champions! Carn TakaraTomy!
    I really like this analogy, it fits, it suits, it makes sense. Thumbs up to you my Linty friend

On the topic matter, I don't really care for Bayformers though I will admit it looks well made at least, but I don't support knock-offs.
    Now if there are enough differences to indicate that it's a completely redesigned figure rather then just a reverse engineered oversize with a few extra bells and whistles I'd be more inclined to support it, as I support the third parties with their "inspired by but 100% originally designed by us" figures

Quote Originally Posted by DarkHyren View Post
    I really like this analogy, it fits, it suits, it makes sense. Thumbs up to you my Linty friend

On the topic matter, I don't really care for Bayformers though I will admit it looks well made at least, but I don't support knock-offs.
    Now if there are enough differences to indicate that it's a completely redesigned figure rather then just a reverse engineered oversize with a few extra bells and whistles I'd be more inclined to support it, as I support the third parties with their "inspired by but 100% originally designed by us" figures
    They've put a ridiculous amount of additional molding details over the entire figure. Here's a picture someone took just from the leg: http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/transf...l#post13307728

Everyone over in tfw2005 that has this figure is arguing this as one of the best figures of 2015/2016.

This guy doesn't like Bayformers designs but calls this figure top 3 figures he owns

My order must have been too far down the line, it's coming from the 2nd run due after Chinese New Year. No love for bayformers here, but this thing looks great.

Quote Originally Posted by llamatron View Post
    My order must have been too far down the line, it's coming from the 2nd run due after Chinese New Year. No love for bayformers here, but this thing looks great.
    Did you order yours from smartlulup as well?

Yes, back when eBay had some percentage-off sale. They said it's delayed until ~20th of Feb or so.

Good to hear that it's impressive in person.

Smint is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

I am hate, hate, hate Bayformers but i might get this. First and perhaps last bayformer i'll ever own.

Quote Originally Posted by llamatron View Post
    Yes, back when eBay had some percentage-off sale. They said it's delayed until ~20th of Feb or so.

Good to hear that it's impressive in person.
    Depending on when you ordered it, you may get it soon. The tracking number I received on my slip was different from the one that I was given through eBay.

drifand is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Well I hate bayformers but for me it has weight which people don't care about, paint apps which are amazing and some people give excuses that it doesn't stand out, and it looks impressive for its price.

I am sure I can find a place more worthy than my mp line collection

Megatran Guest

Don't be too concerned about what others think. It's your opinion (& wallet) that counts.