Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: WeiJiang's Oversized Evasion Prime

drifand is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by Megatran View Post
    Don't be too concerned about what others think. It's your opinion (& wallet) that counts.
    It's hard when I like to be a loyal customer of Takara Tomy.
    Voting with my wallet for a mp is really of not much impact on my wallet but I do question why make a line called masterpiece but go cheap on the product?

Sure many could just say "if you hate it why buy it?"

Because
    1. Is their premium top of the line
    2. I expect decent amount of effort in looking great
    3. You believe there is proper QC as is an official product.

This is my first ko , well second as I bought ratbat. But my main reasons are because they are addressing the main issues that I have with the official product.

I have collected a lot of MPs and I display them, for me my binaltech/alternators
    Stands out a lot more in my cabinet despite when I individually like each mp car except for tracks.

Throwing $100 on a mp is not difficult but expecting it to be top notch product is . I am kinda hoping takara Tomy does a entire complete line where is premium rather than half effort where they feel cutting corners in a quality line product is okay.

If the MPs were $150 a pop, I think voting with my wallet gets more attention.
    As it is, it remains to be one of the cheapest toys around.

Quote Originally Posted by FruitBuyer View Post
    Depending on when you ordered it, you may get it soon. The tracking number I received on my slip was different from the one that I was given through eBay.
    Thanks for the heads up, I checked my original tracking number from eBay and it's actually in Melbourne at the moment! Should arrive during the week.

That's awesome to hear, I can't wait for you to get your hands on this bad boy.

harrismonkey's picture from tfw2005

This guy actually scales better than RotF Prime with the HA figures.

Just gotten shipping notification, now to see if it really that hype as what people are actually saying. My standards for a toy are high.

It's in Melbourne now, hopefully not long.
    The amount of pages written about this piece is huge 200+
    Pages. I am a bit surprised there isn't as much interest here raving about it.

Funny I am more keen to see how this piece turns out than my hot rod or ironhide mp.

It's a combination of people thinking this as just a KO, it being a Bayformer and it being too big which puts most people off.

Truth is, this is easily one of the best Transformers ever created, both official and not and people are hamstringing themselves because of the above absurd reasons.

Can't wait for you to get this guy, I look forward to your thoughts!

Smint is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Looking forward to your opinion on this too.

So far my experiences with KO's have been pretty good besides the crappy MP's i bought just for fun.

KO feral rex while very good have obvious signs that it's a ko. Plastic type, poor joints, poor hands, QC issues. But WeiJiang's KO is looking really good.

Calling it a KO isn't fair, other than it not being an official product, it's akin to calling a retool a KO as well.

Everything you see in the pictures? All the high-quality paint and extra detailing? It's not just those pictures that make it look that good, the figure really shines like that in hand. RotF Leader Prime's biggest problem is that despite all its detail and complexity, it's not the most poseable figure, especially in the legs. Not a problem with this guy, he is one of the most poseable figures you'll ever play with.

Another great thing is that he also has heft. He's not super heavy but he's not light, he feels right for his size and this is due to the various die-cast pieces such as his chest and crotch. It's really well done because it gives the perfect balance to pull off some really sweet poses.

The only reported issue is some people's hips breaking when receiving them however that isn't a fault of the figure but of the packaging, WeiJiang have fixed that with newer releases by putting something to support the legs. I bought two of this guy and both were in perfect condition.

Truth is, you will not find a Hasbro, Takara or other 3rd party figure that hits as many 10s as this guy does. As many people have said on tfw2005 "The official Evasion Prime looks like a KO next to him".

Quote Originally Posted by FruitBuyer View Post
    It's a combination of people thinking this as just a KO, it being a Bayformer and it being too big which puts most people off.

Truth is, this is easily one of the best Transformers ever created, both official and not and people are hamstringing themselves because of the above absurd reasons.

Can't wait for you to get this guy, I look forward to your thoughts!
    I am both a person who is not keen on a Ko or a fan of bayformers , so this purchase says a lot about the pictures I have seen and convinced me to get one.
    You will get an honest opinion as I always do. I don't suck up because this is a tf forum or "masterpiece Wow" factor when there is nothing to wow about.

From my perspective , the mpp10 didn't win me over for a few reasons.
    1. I have mp-1 and mp-4 and as much it looked great it was not super wow.
    2. There was not enough detailing on the grey thighs areas and that looks a bit plain
    3. Would have prefer the translucent yellow pieces to be solid yellow.

Overall is a good piece but is one I didn't felt needed and decided to leave it out.

This piece is different, I like the fact that the g1 truck is kept but transforms to the movie prime that I know and the colours are pretty spot on.

I am leaving my vent in TT poor attempts in making a good tf toy. As I want to focus on this toy.