Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Star Wars Acquistions Thread

I picked up 6" Tarkin with his interrogator ball for $12 from The Reject Shop.

All my childhood SW figures were damaged and thrown out due to 'plastic sweat'
    So, when I heard news of a reissue of the original 70s Kenner figures, I preordered as soon as I could.

Here it is, Retro Collection Darth Vader in a clamshell case in a ziplock bag from Dorksidetoys:

To me, the Vader figure itself looks just like the original figure, including an extensible light saber on its right arm.
    The front of the card has the same graphics as the original card, with the addition of the appearance of wear and tear on the edges of the card. There's a large circular sticker (yes, it's a removable sticker) with the words 'Retro Collection'.

I am looking forward to a Retro Collection release of C3PO and R2-D2 in future waves.
    Last edited by High_Q; 24th August 2019 at 02:30 PM. Reason: typo
    Recent Acquisitions: MP-53+B Dia Burnout
    (Pre-)ordered: Missing Link C-02
    Wants: Encore Headmasters!

Quote Originally Posted by High_Q View Post
    Retro Collection Darth Vader in a clamshell case in a ziplock bag from Dorksidetoys.
    Very cool, especially with the appearance of scuff marks. Are they making a pristine-looking variant?

Quote Originally Posted by kovert View Post
    Very cool, especially with the appearance of scuff marks. Are they making a pristine-looking variant?
    I haven't read about plans for a pristine card variant of these. I can imagine some vintage SW collectors wouldn't be happy if Hasbro released pristine card versions.

Quote Originally Posted by High_Q View Post
    I can imagine some vintage SW collectors wouldn't be happy if Hasbro released pristine card versions.
    Would that reduce the value their collections? Didn't think of that. :/

Quote Originally Posted by kovert View Post
    Would that reduce the value their collections? Didn't think of that. :/
    Some vintage collectors seem to think so, and that's not restricted to SW collecting, but other toylines e.g. TF G1.

MISB/MOSC collectors who previously had no choice but to pay for a sealed vintage now having an option of buying a much cheaper minty reissue that looks very similar. I suppose adding the weathering effect to the card will differentiate the Retro from the original carded figures enough.

I can definitely see it from the MISB/MOSC collector point of view. For the casual collector, it's a good way obtain a replica of the original.

I picked up some 3.75? The Rise of Skywalker figures today (Rey, Poe, Knight of Ren and Sith trooper). Mildly surprised to discover there is no dedicated TROS line and it was released through the vintage series line instead.

I?ve been out of the loop in terms of Star Wars collecting but I didn?t realise 3.75 figures have been on the decline for several years now.

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Wiggum View Post
    I picked up some 3.75? The Rise of Skywalker figures today (Rey, Poe, Knight of Ren and Sith trooper). Mildly surprised to discover there is no dedicated TROS line and it was released through the vintage series line instead.

I?ve been out of the loop in terms of Star Wars collecting but I didn?t realise 3.75 figures have been on the decline for several years now.

The 5 Points of Articulation figures that Hasbro has been making just not making enough return cause whilst they are not bad with sculpting Hasbro was trying to tell everyone that 5 POA was more than ok.

Guess kids and collectors voted with their feet to say no to that.
    You can build a throne with bayonets, but you can't sit on it for long. -Boris Yeltsin

мыслете наш он покой

Black Series 6" Wedge Antilles.