Page 1 of 10 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Star Wars Acquistions Thread

Default Star Wars Acquistions Thread

I know we have a thread for 'other' toy acquisitions, but given SW has its own forum now I think it would suite to have its own acquisition thread.

I'll start: as you probably all know I got a 9cm Build a Weapon Stormtrooper.
    "Save the rebellion! Save the dream!" - Saw Gerrera

XMan is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Good idea!

While I've pretty much retired from collecting Star Wars, I decided to pick up 3 10cm figures from Kmart today (whereas 10 years ago I would've collected the whole line at the midnight launch ). I grabbed Kylo Ren, Finn and a Stormtrooper. I've played with some of these figures at the EB Games Expo, so I know that I'm going to be disappointed by the 70s/80s level of 5-point articulation.

I saw Poe Dameron at Target, but the queue was too long for me to bother lining up for. I'm currently looking for this Rey. Aaah, wish I'd gotten it when she was still common when the toys were just released. Ah well, this is what happens when I stop paying attention to the toy line. I've noted some of the other "WTB" figures that people are looking out for and I'll grab one and PM those people if I happen to find them on my travels, so it'd be appreciated if anyone could also keep an eye out for Rey for me.

Thanks!

I picked up Black series Poe from Big W today.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    While I've pretty much retired from collecting Star Wars, I decided to pick up 3 10cm figures from Kmart today (whereas 10 years ago I would've collected the whole line at the midnight launch ). I grabbed Kylo Ren, Finn and a Stormtrooper. I've played with some of these figures at the EB Games Expo, so I know that I'm going to be disappointed by the 70s/80s level of 5-point articulation.

I saw Poe Dameron at Target, but the queue was too long for me to bother lining up for. I'm currently looking for this Rey. Aaah, wish I'd gotten it when she was still common when the toys were just released. Ah well, this is what happens when I stop paying attention to the toy line. I've noted some of the other "WTB" figures that people are looking out for and I'll grab one and PM those people if I happen to find them on my travels, so it'd be appreciated if anyone could also keep an eye out for Rey for me.

Thanks!
    Hey Gok, I'm pretty sure my local Big W has one of those Rey's. I might be able to check tomorrow, but I'm 95% sure they have one.

Quote Originally Posted by UltimateGalvatron View Post
    Hey Gok, I'm pretty sure my local Big W has one of those Rey's. I might be able to check tomorrow, but I'm 95% sure they have one.
    That would be much appreciated!

Yeah, i had a look for Rey & BB8, but the prices are bordering on ridiculous
    I'll probably pick up the inevitable unmasked Kylo from the 6 inch line and a Luke Skywalker.

Quote Originally Posted by UltimateGalvatron View Post
    Hey Galvy (Ultie?), these figures have already been sourced for me, so you don't need to get anything for me. Thank you for your kind offer nonetheless.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Hey Galvy (Ultie?), these figures have already been sourced for me, so you don't need to get anything for me. Thank you for your kind offer nonetheless.
    Damn, I found both at Big W today. Good thing I didn't have any money on me, haha. Good thing is you got them though.

9cm Captain Phasma Build-A-Weapon figure from sister. (That's really cool considering she is 8, and even though I bought her something I never told her to get something for me, and she had to do some jobs to get the money )