View Poll Results: CW Blast Off - worth getting?

Voters
14. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

5 35.71%
  • Only to make Bruticus

6 42.86%
  • Only if...

0 0%
  • Na

0 0%
  • Least effort put into a CW toy so far

3 21.43%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Toy Review - CW Blast Off

did you reverse his head 180º so that its doing a Linda Blair? I do that to mine and the cock pit fits just right in that way.
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Does anyone else have an issue with Blast Off's cockpit section not sitting flush? I noticed that it's not sitting flush in Trev's photo, and mine has the same problem.
    When I first transformed mine, it kept popping out but I managed to force it to stay eventually.
    "sometimes the things you see might not be real and the things that are real you might not see"

I guess I get to be "that guy". I'm glad Blast Off finally _fits_ in the Combaticon theme properly.

I do agree that he should have seen his face resculpted (even IF Slingshot's face does work as Blast Off).

Mine's still in transit, but I suspect I'll be very happy with Blast Off.

Eagerly waiting for Masterpiece Meister

Quote Originally Posted by dirge View Post
    I guess I get to be "that guy". I'm glad Blast Off finally _fits_ in the Combaticon theme properly.

I do agree that he should have seen his face resculpted (even IF Slingshot's face does work as Blast Off).

Mine's still in transit, but I suspect I'll be very happy with Blast Off.
    I kinda agree with you there - especially after re-watching the G1 episode where Starscream makes him out of a WWII style prop-driven plane

Onslaught: "Combaticons, unite!"
    Vortex: "Uh, where's Blast-Off?"
    Blast-Off: (over comms) "I'm currently re-entering Earth's atmosphere. I'll be in your position in an hour."
    Swindle: "AN HOUR?!?"
    Brawl: "Screw this. Let's just surrender and go watch Star Wars."
    Hot Spot: "I'm down with that."
    Blades: "I've already seen it, but I wanna see it again!"
    Groove: "Must we always watch something with violence---"
    Streetwise: "Fine, Groove and First Aid can go watch the Peanuts movie. The rest of us are gonna watch Star Wars!"
    First Aid: "Don't forget to switch off our phones!"

<the Combaticons and Protectobots move out together singing the Imperial March>

<1 hour later>

Blast-Off: "Onslaught? Brawl? Why aren't you guys taking my calls?!"

Having no G1 connection, I have no issues with Blast Off being a Jet (and I love the mold so even better).

Not having Slingshot means I don't have this configuration of the mold, so no fatigue here!

Good addition to the Combaticons

Quote Originally Posted by prjkt View Post
    I kinda agree with you there - especially after re-watching the G1 episode where Starscream makes him out of a WWII style prop-driven plane
    Yeah but I liked how in the G1 S3 Episode 'Surprise Party' Blast Off was used to ferry the other Combaticons to and from a surprise attack on Cybertron. I wish they had used him in that fashion more often - if Astrotrain can carry dozens of Cons it made perfect sense for Blast Off to act as transport for the smaller elite combat unit

Just picked him up and since I dont have slingshot its a new headsculpt for me! Speaking of, I dig it, the colors on this guy are done pretty well. As for the jet mode it's understandable he is a jet when compared to the rest of the team, plus the comic bio gave a fair reason as to why he is now a jet. As far as remolds go that have no differences besides colors its nice that they put effort into telling us why he is like this.

Mine arrived today from BBTS & now that I've opened him...

...colours are spot on. This is Blast Off.

... face is decent for Blast Off, and while a resculpt would have been nice, the colours are done that well that I don't mind - I'm impressed the canopy matches the shuttle windows from G1.

Overall, I'm happy. He's finally not a brown shuttle & now a combat plane. And yeah the face could have been something different, but it's not a deal breaker.

Eagerly waiting for Masterpiece Meister