Page 14 of 29 FirstFirst ... 491011121314151617181924 ... LastLast

Thread: SPOILER THREAD: SW: The Force Awakens

Quote Originally Posted by Gofigure View Post
    Oh and in Rey's flashback/flash-forward you hear both yoda and obiwan...
    Yes. And there are three voices in that vision:
    Frank Oz (Yoda)
    Ewan MacGregor (Obi-Wan Kenobi)
    Sir Alec Guinness (Obi-Wan Kenobi)

Oz and MacGregor both came into the studio to do voice acting. As for Sir Guinness, sound engineers from Bad Robot did some impressive audio splicing to create lines for Obi-Wan to say, "Rey, these are your first steps." This was achieved by cutting and pasting bits of audio from Guinness' lines. I'm not sure which exact lines where used for audio harvesting, but here's a few guesses...
    * "These aren't the droids you're looking for."
    * "That's good. You have taken your first step into a larger world."
    Then it would be easy to find any word that Guinness said with a /s/ sound on the end (e.g. "Force" etc.) and attach that to the end of "step" to pluralise it.
    The rather clever thing is how they got Guinness to say Rey's name, which was basically accomplished like this:
    "Hello there! Come here, my little friend. Don't be afraid." (Source)

Mind blown

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Frank Oz (Yoda)

Oz and MacGregor both came into the studio to do voice acting. As for Sir Guinness, sound engineers from Bad Robot did some impressive audio splicing to create lines for Obi-Wan to say, "Rey, these are your first steps." This was achieved by cutting and pasting bits of audio from Guinness' lines. I'm not sure which exact lines where used for audio harvesting, but here's a few guesses...
    Then it would be easy to find any word that Guinness said with a /s/ sound on the end (e.g. "Force" etc.) and attach that to the end of "step" to pluralise it.
    The rather clever thing is how they got Guinness to say Rey's name, which was basically accomplished like this:
    Sometimes all you need is a little energon and alotta luck...

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Frank Oz (Yoda)

I literally heard that in my dream last night, it was the last thing I read before I fell asleep.
    "Save the rebellion! Save the dream!" - Saw Gerrera

Can anyone tell me who the old guy at the start if the film was? the one that got killed in the village

Quote Originally Posted by loophole View Post
    Can anyone tell me who the old guy at the start if the film was? the one that got killed in the village
    Lor San Tekka, who is a new character, but the film definitely does make it feel like he's been in the story for much longer.

Im a bit disappointed that he didn't get an action figure
    😏

Seeing it again tomorrow night, and maybe today.
    "Save the rebellion! Save the dream!" - Saw Gerrera

Quote Originally Posted by UltimateGalvatron View Post
    Seeing it again tomorrow night, and maybe today.
    Yep I've already booked in the missus for a 2nd viewing, watched it for the first time on Sunday with my brother-in-law. Both our minds were literally blown away by how good the movie was. The last movie I felt like that where I had to see it at the movies again was the first live action Transformers movie.

Luke never would have mentioned to Ben that his grandfather, Anakin, came back to the light side of the Force before his death? It never would have come up while training him? That it was Anakin that destroyed the Emperor and Empire?

TRANSFORMERS: DEICIDE -- The Beast Wars 20th Anniversary Comic Book series that could have been...
    TRANSFORMERS: UNITY -- the BotCon 2016 Comic Book that should have been...

Reading the novel....

Poe got concussion, knew Finn ejected, and woke up in time to land (control crash).... Jacket got caught, left it behind, stumbled off (and probably collapsed again)....

Was picked up by a little dude with a speeder, escaped some spirited in another speeded, and went to a different settlement to find a way off world.

Also, c3po needs to get fired.... When Leia hears about the attack, she tells 3po to find BB8, cause he did the pre-mission checks on him... But turns out he forgot to activate the long range tracking!