Page 6 of 29 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111626 ... LastLast

Thread: SPOILER THREAD: SW: The Force Awakens

Also no Hayden Christianson...
    "Save the rebellion! Save the dream!" - Saw Gerrera

I'm watching it again in 3 hours time. I have all these questions racing around in my head and I'm going insane

Kylo Ren's identity was spoiled for me by some random jerk who just walked up to me at blurted it out. No warning or anything.

Well, I seem to be in the vast minority of people who thought that was a load of rubbish.

If I wanted to watch A New Hope, I'd watch A New Hope.

Luke had Force potential but he never discovered it on his own. Obi-Wan brought it out in him through tutelage, albeit brief. Rey is suddenly using force pulls, mind tricks and going toe-to-toe with a Sith with no guidance whatsoever!

Leia should be the hardest, tough-as-nails bitch in the entire universe. She's had a horrible life and has had to struggle through. She lost her mother in child birth. She lost her father to the Darkside. Her adopted home world was blown up. Her son turned to the Darkside. Luke chucked a hissy fit and ran off. And Han left to go back to being a smuggler. She's had nothing but pain in her life. She should be rough as guts and a no-nonsense leader. Instead, she was a wimp.

Luke went off to find the first Jedi temple? Did a 10-yearold fan-fic writer come up with that?

Every line Han had was said with a wink to the audience. The older fans are watching, you don't need to pander to them with all the overt references.

And the dialogue in general was just plain awful.

Kylo has a tanty but just takes stuff out with his lightsabre? I thought when Siths got mad, power poured out of them and stuff all around them got crushed? That would have been far more intimidating. In that second tanty, the Stormtroopers were just thinking "Oh, there he goes again. Oh well..." They should have been terrified!

Mr. Black Stormtrooper doesn't like death and losing his friends, so he decides to join the Resistance, and suddenly killing people is just fine!

The only redeeming feature was the chemistry between the two leads, but that doesn't make up for the 2+ hours of disappointment.

TRANSFORMERS: DEICIDE -- The Beast Wars 20th Anniversary Comic Book series that could have been...
    TRANSFORMERS: UNITY -- the BotCon 2016 Comic Book that should have been...

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Kylo Ren's identity was spoiled for me by some random jerk who just walked up to me at blurted it out. No warning or anything.
    I assumed his body is now being buried with a broken neck as you Force choked him to death? Or he was impaled on your lightsaber?

Quote Originally Posted by Raider View Post
    Everyone is entitled to their own opinions on the film but please don't tell me you were groaning aloud in the theatre? I just don't think that is fair to the majority of fans who clearly enjoyed it.

On another note, I wasn't taking Meister's comments as criticism, I was just giving my thoughts on why I don't agree and explaining my original comments more thoroughly.
    No worries, I was just responding to Meister's thoughts as it synched with my own a bit, apologies if it came across as a gang up. Also like him I completely agree with you about the characters, particularly Kylo Ren. I love the way he is a somewhat immature wannabee Sith living in the shadow of his parents and grand father, that was awesome and original it's the complete opposite of introducing a new villain who would just be a more powerful version of what we've already seen that came out of nowhere (which is what I though Star Killer was). Kylo Ren could still become a villain to rival Vader and if he does he will have earned it. In fact that was another good thing about the new characters there's a lot of potential growth in all of them.

I'm going to go see it again on Tuesday, so I'm definitely in the camp that enjoyed it, but I do like to dissect films good or bad, and the more passionate the film makes me the better, and this ones high on the passionmetre for all the right reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by UltimateGalvatron View Post
    Also no Hayden Christianson...
    So far.....

After TFA, there are now no characters that have appeared in every movie (Obi-Wan and Anakin/Vader were the only ones I believe) unless you count Vader's helmet...

Quote Originally Posted by UltimateGalvatron View Post
    After TFA, there are now no characters that have appeared in every movie (Obi-Wan and Anakin/Vader were the only ones I believe) unless you count Vader's helmet...
    C3-PO and R2D2?

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Metro View Post
    C3-PO and R2D2?
    True! But I was more counting human/main characters.

Disregarding the poor droids as little more than sentient appliances then?

I've often wondered how no one in the Star Wars universe seems at all bothered with treating droids as slaves despite their seeming sentience.

Also why do they have so many droids but they seem to have no ship based AI? An AI back up system would really have helped the Executor after that A-wing took out the bridge.

Plus now I'm going of track, but the whole quest in both episodes 4 and (now) 7 would be unnecessary if the Star Wars universe had email. I guess it's like the Eagles in the LOTR problem solved.