Page 9 of 29 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131419 ... LastLast

Thread: SPOILER THREAD: SW: The Force Awakens

drifand is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

So will they start milking by showing how Ben becoming Ren? That would be a bad way to go I hope they will just move forward.
    Last edited by drifand; 20th December 2015 at 03:14 PM.

I love the fact that the film elicited this amount of thought and discussion. It's terrific.

The more I think about the film the more I fall in love with it.

It really is a great film and one that just kick starts the whole universe off again.

All the characters are well fleshed out. Gagging to see it again!!!
    Sometimes all you need is a little energon and alotta luck...

The 'Kylo and Rey are siblings' theory makes a lot of sense if you look at the film. Kylo reacts and acts out whenever she is mentioned. Plus would explain the whole Ben issue with Luke possibly being the father of both of these characters......

I guess we will find out in 4-5 years time hehe

XMan is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Han is Kylo's father, not Luke.

Dont really remember the first 6 movies This was great but a tiny bit of the dialogue was a bit lame, the editing was fast so some of the homour didnt gel well, it took aspects from all other movies and put them into one (not nessarily a bad thing). Im thinking rey is lukes daughter, not sure on time scale if luke disappears same time as rey is left on the planet? I was thinking that Klyo ren was older than rey, and when ren turns luke thinks its best to put his children on a planet so they can discover the force for themselves? :shrugs:

The thing that really bugs me is that jedi, the force etc is all a myth only after 30 years. Would need a much longer time frame for this to happen.

Besides some little irritants I would give it 4 out of 5 stars

how old is adam driver or kylo? he looked fairly young to me. i would say he and rey are quite close in age? if the flashback/awakening thing is accurate she looked pretty young when being abandoned, she couldnt have had much training by then.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post

Interesting to see how the First Order seems to maintain a more 'racist' policy, as all of them are human (just as with the Empire), whereas the Resistance, like the Rebellion, are a diverse mix of humans and non-humans. I wonder where this policy came from in the Empire, and it may not have even come from the Emperor. Palpatine himself didn't seem to discriminate against non-humans, as he surrounded himself with non-human aides (e.g. Mas Amedda etc.) when he was Supreme Chancellor. And of course, Darth Plagueis and Darth Maul were also non-humans. One theory I've heard is that while Palpy himself doesn't discriminate against non-humans, someone else with power in the Empire did, and passed a law that only allowed humans to serve the Empire. Palpatine may have approved, since he's not one to discourage hate and anger.

Also cool to see a greater range of diversity (both in terms of ethnicity and gender) among humans in both the First Order and the Resistance.
    The Resistance is still a little bit racists to aliens, sure they let Akbar and Nien Numn and co who helped the Rebellion join, but they never seem to let members of Greedo, Nute Gunray or the other "bad guy" alien races join, surely not all those green guys are jerks with slow trigger fingers.

Agree that the human cast was much more varied this time, I figured the Empire recruited their entire navy from on planet where everyone speaks in a haughty English accent last time.

Quote Originally Posted by XMan View Post
    Han is Kylo's father, not Luke.
    From what we are told...

XMan is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gofigure View Post
    From what we are told...
    Yep, by mum and dad. I find it near impossible to believe they could be siblings, it would take away from not only Kylo's last step into darkness by killing his father, and the entire emotion in that scene, but it would also make that very personal exchange between Leia and Han about returning their son pretty damn silly

Quote Originally Posted by XMan View Post
    Yep, by mum and dad. I find it near impossible to believe they could be siblings, it would take away from not only Kylo's last step into darkness by killing his father, and the entire emotion in that scene, but it would also make that very personal exchange between Leia and Han about returning their son pretty damn silly
    Possibly....mum and dad....hehe