Page 23 of 29 FirstFirst ... 3131819202122232425262728 ... LastLast

Thread: SPOILER THREAD: SW: The Force Awakens

I too watched it for the second time this morning. As Paulbot said it was much more relaxed the second time. I hadn't completely made up my mind on whether I liked it or not, there is quite a bit to not like, but overall I think it's a good movie that will stand the test of time against the OT.

I thought that, for a Stormtrooper who had been trained in combat his whole life, Finn came across as a little awkward.

The biggest problem I had with it was Han's death. It felt like it wasn't really put in to drive the story forward, like a natural progression of the story, but they made the movie with the requirement that Han die at the end. And because of that it lacked the emotion that the moment should have had

Also, on second viewing, in the final scene Rey doesn't seem to be standing there holding up that light saber like an idiot for nearly as long

Overall, a solid 3/5. And as a Protagonist, Rey rocks
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Convinced the wife she needed to see it, so bonus second viewing for me too.

Better the second time around when you know what's happening so you can scan the backgrounds for details.

Honestly think that the more I see this movie, but the less I think about it being a clone of episode IV (but much better acted!) the more I'll enjoy it. It's not a "turn off your brain" action flick but just a highly enjoyable, If not familiar and predictable popcorn film.
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

Quote Originally Posted by i_amtrunks View Post
    Convinced the wife she needed to see it, so bonus second viewing for me too.

Better the second time around when you know what's happening so you can scan the backgrounds for details.

Honestly think that the more I see this movie, but the less I think about it being a clone of episode IV (but much better acted!) the more I'll enjoy it. It's not a "turn off your brain" action flick but just a highly enjoyable, If not familiar and predictable popcorn film.
    Yeh I convinced my wife to watch it with me this time for my 2nd viewing. She scored a watch out of it so I made it worth her while haha. I still loved seeing it again. I was still moved when Chewy goes into his rage after Han Solo dies, when the X-Wing squadron first turns the tide, and when Ren is trying to use the force to take the Lightsaber only for it to fly past him to the hands of Rey.

Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post
    Regarding Luke, I think he did set out to find the temple but was probably marooned on the planet by Kylo Ren. That is probably why he was out of contact for so long.
    But if Ren was the one to put Luke there, why would he also be in search of the map?

Wooo star wars 8 next year!

Has anyone forgotten Rogue One: A Star Wars Story is coming out next year?

Just haven't seen much speculation about it...
    "Save the rebellion! Save the dream!" - Saw Gerrera

Quote Originally Posted by UltimateGalvatron View Post
    Has anyone forgotten Rogue One: A Star Wars Story is coming out next year?

Just haven't seen much speculation about it...
    This year :-P

This one gets less speculation as its set between movies.... Kinda already know they succeed in their mission.... :-P

Quote Originally Posted by Krayt View Post
    This year :-P

This one gets less speculation as its set between movies.... Kinda already know they succeed in their mission.... :-P
    I was thinking it was still 2015, lol. Personally I think it'd be cool if they had some cameos from characters from Rebels (Kanan, Ezra, Ahsoka, Old Rex etc) but I doubt they will be included. Tarkin is in it though.

Quote Originally Posted by UltimateGalvatron View Post
    I was thinking it was still 2015, lol. Personally I think it'd be cool if they had some cameos from characters from Rebels (Kanan, Ezra, Ahsoka, Old Rex etc) but I doubt they will be included. Tarkin is in it though.
    Would Rex be alive? He is old in Rebels, and Force Awakens is set 30 years after Return of the Jedi... I think of that list only Ezra would be alive.

Quote Originally Posted by MayzaPrime View Post
    Would Rex be alive? He is old in Rebels, and Force Awakens is set 30 years after Return of the Jedi... I think of that list only Ezra would be alive.
    Minor Spoilers

The basic plot of Rogue One is a film set around getting the Death Star plans to Princess Leia