Page 26 of 29 FirstFirst ... 6162122232425262728 ... LastLast

Thread: SPOILER THREAD: SW: The Force Awakens

Quote Originally Posted by Sinnertwin View Post
    It's bad enough we had to sit through the Death Star battle for the 3rd time, I'm just glad they skipped Rey standing on her head levitating rocks in a swamp, while Maz gave her tutorage
    Be careful what you wish for.

haha!
    i love the interwebz

Quote Originally Posted by Sinnertwin View Post
    Rey's force abilities are just an easy out for the writers and Disney.
    If she can accomplish what she did without any formal training, imagine what she could in her fathers care -She'd make Snoke, Ariel & Palpatine's ghost all look like 3 year olds in the ring with Ali in his prime.

It's bad enough we had to sit through the Death Star battle for the 3rd time, I'm just glad they skipped Rey standing on her head levitating rocks in a swamp, while Maz gave her tutorage
    The new Star Wars works better the less you think about it, or the world it's set in. But boy it's nice to have likable characters again.

I saw star wars this week. It was good.

Does anyone think that the opening crawl and scene of episode VIII is going too be hard to do? Because realistically they need too start where TFA left off, the opening crawl will basically just be 'previously on Star Wars!' and the opening scene will be the last scene of TFA, so... thoughts?
    "Save the rebellion! Save the dream!" - Saw Gerrera

My guess: I wouldn't expect the next movie to start with Rey and Luke having a chat. It will be days/weeks/months later and she'll be training as a Jedi. The opening text will give some context to the slow build action scene involving Finn and Poe on a foreign world that starts the film ("Meanwhile, General Organa has sent a group of Resistance fighters to Planet to recover mcguffin ...")

Maybe the opening scene involves the First Order tracking down Luke and Rey at their Sanctuary and so starts with a Jedi vs Stormtroopers battle XD

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    My guess: I wouldn't expect the next movie to start with Rey and Luke having a chat. It will be days/weeks/months later and she'll be training as a Jedi. The opening text will give some context to the slow build action scene involving Finn and Poe on a foreign world that starts the film ("Meanwhile, General Organa has sent a group of Resistance fighters to Planet to recover mcguffin ...")
    "Meanwhile, General Organa has sent a group of Resistancs fighters to Coruscant, the former homeworld of the Old Republic and the Jedi Order, too rebuild the Senate which was destroyed by the First Order..."

or

"Luke and his new apprentice travel too Yavin 4, where Luke's new Jedi Order was destroyed by Kylo Ren..."
    "Save the rebellion! Save the dream!" - Saw Gerrera

Quote Originally Posted by UltimateGalvatron View Post
    Does anyone think that the opening crawl and scene of episode VIII is going too be hard to do? Because realistically they need too start where TFA left off, the opening crawl will basically just be 'previously on Star Wars!' and the opening scene will be the last scene of TFA, so... thoughts?
    It could be done similar to The end of Empire/start of Jedi. I mean, they all knew where Boba Fett was taking Han, in theory Jedi cloud have picked up after the hyperspace jump to Tattoine. Yet they managed to create a gap of time between the two movies.
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

None of the other Star Wars movies have ever followed on directly from where the last ones left off. This is basically what the chronology of the films look like:
    Episode II: 10 years after Episode I. Anakin has grown into a man.
    Episode III: 3 years after Episode II. The events of the Clone Wars happened.
    Episode IV: 19 years after Episode III. The Skywalker twins are now young adults.
    Episode V: 3 years after Episode IV. Vader's been searching for Luke while the Rebels have built a base on Hoth.
    Episode VI: 1 year after Episode V. Luke has completed his own Jedi training. Somehow the Empire has managed to construct a second Death Star in the last four years despite the first one taking over 20 years to build. *
    Episode VII: 30 years after Episode VI. Some major stuff's happened.
    Episode VIII: ??? year(s) after Episode VII.
    Episode IX: ??? year(s) after Episode VIII.

So we really don't know how much time may have lapsed between the events of Episodes VII and VIII. And a lot of stuff can happen in between. Keeps those Expanded Universe writers employed.

------------------------------------------------
    *Oh that's right. They hired contractors. #clerks